Signs in the crowd

• While watching the game on TV like I always try to do I like to see the signs in the crowd.

Yesterday one of the ones I kept seeing was “LOL Texas”

A few weeks ago someone had a sign that read, “Thats what we do”

There was another one yesterday of of JoJo screaming and underneath they put “Im baaaaaack”

Gotta like a crowd that has original ideas.

• The JoJo one was my favorite and turned out to be very fitting.

• There was one that said …yes, that just happened…(or words to that effect) which would have been very appropriate yesterday when KU had its big run.

• My favorite all-time Jayhawk sign was… “Should have read the sign!”

The sign had an arrow pointing up and the sign holder was beneath the “Pay heed” banner.

• @drgnslayr

How about: a picture of a steaming pile of Longhorn dung with the caption: “Here Lies Texas”.

• @jaybate 1.0

Maybe just show the pile with text inside…

“R. I. P. (E)”

Along with their tacky longhorn graphic. Color match the pile to their Texas burnt orange school color… it wouldn’t take much of a color shift.

• Here is a good head sign of Self… maybe posed for in Austin this year…

XpGv7.St.81.jpg

• My favorite sign was in 1986 (when we played Louisville and beat for the second time that season, the same year they won it all, and the same year we were denied the chance to beat them a third time by the refs against Duke). NBC had the game, they used to have great coverage I always thought with Al Mcguire (SP?) and my sign said Nobody Beats Cansas. I was sure NBC would beam that home to my folks!

• I wish one of our clever out of state opponents would come up with a catchy, original sign.

Maybe something like:

#You’re Not In Kansas Anymore#

• @nuleafjhawk

Ha… You forgot the first part… “Hey Toto… you’re not in Kansas anymore!”

Why don’t we just change it all to fit our needs… like yesterday…

“Hey Dodo… you’re not in Texas anymore!”

• Needed one at the end of the game.

We messed with Texas!

• There was a good one last pm the crowd liked, made like the chick fillet one, it said, Eat more beef!

• The one or 10 of them that read after the game, “back to” and Big12Champions

• @JRyman ITA. I’m SO glad someone kept up that sign tradition. #10STR

Back to Back to Back to Back to Back to Back to Back to Back to Back to Back Big XII Champions!

• I liked the one during the last Missouri game that said, “Now you’re Kentucky’s Bitch!”

• @wrwlumpy

Kentucky lost to Arkansas last night and got swept by them. I guess any team with “Kansas” in the name that beats Kentucky is a good thing.

On a related note, UK lead over KU in all times wins is now down to single digits, nine. Hopefully we can make up few more this year and catch them next year…it would be an epic “beatch slap” to Calipari and the UK fans would never forgive him for letting KU get the record.

• @JayHawkFanToo I guess it would be a little over the top to send “Thank You” cards to the teams that beat them ?

Or maybe to Calipari…

• @JayHawkFanToo All the wins, and conf. titles, etc. are all little niceties compared to the behemoth – the national title. How about we win that one a few times here pretty soon?

That said, the best sign that could be in the crowd next season: “Let’s Repeat”

• @HighEliteMajor

“How about we win that one a few times here pretty soon?”

I’m on board for that… I’d love to see more shiny hardware in the AFH museum!

@JayHawkFanToo

“I guess any team with “Kansas” in the name that beats Kentucky is a good thing.”

ya dang tootn’! 😉

• @HighEliteMajor Winning a couple back-to-back would be sweet. Obviously it wasn’t going to happen in '09, given the gutting of the roster. But might the time be ripe for us to do it this year & next? Consider Florida’s most recent accomplishment of this feat - they were a 3 seed the year they won the first of the two. We have the talent if we get hot to win it this year, and then even with the likely departures we keep a good size core and have already reloaded with some blue chippers…I can see it happening.