Just wantin to say

• HAPPY NEW YEARS GUYS - -hoping each and everyone of you a very happy new year. - -Have fun if you have plans - -BUT be safe, need you on the other side. - -Need you here in Jayhawk Nation.

Each and everyone of you believe it or not are special to me in one way or another. -We agree -We disagree - - We all want the same thing - -Jayhawk dominance - - - - You may get upset with me - -I may get upset with you - -But one thing for sure - were all " JAYHAWK FAMILY " & as we know " FOE " - - family over everything. - have a very happy new year.

ROCK CHALK MY FRIENDS - looking forward to 2018

• @Jayballer54 Happy New Year 2018 back atcha, Jayballer. I think you might be a pretty good guy. Although a bit too snide about the most exciting talent to appear in the Big 12 since Kevin Durant. Ya gotta ease yer toe off the throat of the young Oklahoma Wonder. That kid is a marvel. He won’t earn the immediate NBA millions of Duke’s Bagley, but he should help fill Big 12 arenas so long as he stays in Norman. In my opinion, a very fine WATCH, the best in our league other than, of course, our entire Jayhawk squad. That said, I figure that Bill Self will find a way to throttle the Sooners, at least 2 out of 3 occasions, if such scheduling should occur this season. But that freshman will certainly disturb the sleep of our coaching staff. Anyway, your posts really help keep things rolling on this site. Best wishes for 2018 good health and optimum sharing of Trump hand outs!

• REHawk said:

@Jayballer54 Happy New Year 2018 back atcha, Jayballer. I think you might be a pretty good guy. Although a bit too snide about the most exciting talent to appear in the Big 12 since Kevin Durant. Ya gotta ease yer toe off the throat of the young Oklahoma Wonder. That kid is a marvel. He won’t earn the immediate NBA millions of Duke’s Bagley, but he should help fill Big 12 arenas so long as he stays in Norman. In my opinion, a very fine WATCH, the best in our league other than, of course, our entire Jayhawk squad. That said, I figure that Bill Self will find a way to throttle the Sooners, at least 2 out of 3 occasions, if such scheduling should occur this season. But that freshman will certainly disturb the sleep of our coaching staff. Anyway, your posts really help keep things rolling on this site. Best wishes for 2018 good health and optimum sharing of Trump hand outs!

Thank you. - - ya , maybe I am. - -It’s just some here know how to work my buttons , and they get off on that - -& visa versa I guess possibly. If people really follow and read and absorb what I have to say though - - they get me - -they truly understand. It’s like with Trae,I don’t know how many times I have said or have to say he is a talent , there is no denying that - -I’m just making a statement to counter point - he WILL make that mistake at some point and it will cost them - maybe at the most crucial time.

Some here don’t seem to or want to acknowledge that , like I have said the impression they are giving me that he is the best ever -HA.

But your words mean a lot, after all believe it or not we should be United here - -not divided. I push people’s buttons - -they push mine. - Bottom line though between you and me - -I’m not worried about Trae and the Sooners. - -I believe there are stiffer challenges.

Anyways enough of that. To you my friend I say simply this: - -Have a very happy New Year enjoy the day & at the end of that day I look forward to seeing and reading many more posts/comments from you -as well as all others here - -After all THIS - THIS here - -is Jayhawk Nation my friend we are United - -not divided. This site is so informative - some very wise individuals you included, sports knowledgeable - -sometimes I feel like the 3rd thumb - -lack of knowledge. - -Again have that Happy New year & we will see you on the other side and as always - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Jayballer54 I am definitely not an X’s and O’s guy. There are folks on this site who appear to know the hoops game inside out. That is not me. I coached in a different venue, public school level. So I did come to understand athletes, parents and fans fairly well…and opposing coaches. I, too, learn lots on this site. Am long retired, so have lots of hours to click onto cyberspace. My pessimism and inclinations toward social snarkiness obviously bother a few posters; I like to stir up conflict, occasionally. This is a very enjoyable site. I revere the forces which set it in motion.

• @Jayballer54 And back at you. Have a GREAT 2018 ! And … YES … Are you open for a question? Do you know Gerry Butler ? ? ? Interesting ! ! ! He is a Great Guy and a Good, but Distant friend of mine.

• Red.Rooster said:

@Jayballer54 And back at you. Have a GREAT 2018 ! And … YES … Are you open for a question? Do you know Gerry Butler ? ? ? Interesting ! ! ! He is a Great Guy and a Good, but Distant friend of mine.

Hey thanks for that, hope things turn out well this year. - - As far as your question - – Yes I do , know him very well, cause it’s me lol, I am Gerry Butler. Now you have my curiousity up - you know me? - lol that may be a good thing OR a bad thing lmao. - -holler back at me and let me know how we know one another you know ok? - -Until then have a great day. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Jayballer54 Thanks for your honesty about the name “Gerry Butler.” I really don’t know a Gerry as I grew up in Colorado on a farm, helped the parents “milking cows” by hand and I “rode horseback” to school through the 4th Grade. I went to college at Colorado State University in Ft. Collins, CO. (Just North of Denver, CO.). I was a member of CSU’s Rodeo team and rode “Bucking Bulls.” I graduated in 1965 and joined the PRCA (Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association) and traveled extensively from one Rodeo event to the next, thinking I was indispensable and was going to make a Million $$$ riding Bucking Bulls.
    Finally, I woke up, and realized that I was “NOT getting rich” and instead was getting busted up by getting bucked off of the bucking bulls much too frequently, getting thrown into the fence, stomped on, butted, etc.,. So, I had to change my career and went back to Graduate School and got an MBA with my focus was Computer Science. I got a “really job” with Black & Veatch (B&V) Consulting Engineers here in Overland Park, KS. At B&V, I started as a Programmer and worked my way up to become head of the Computer Services Division (CSD). I manged and was held accountable for the CSD Budget. I purchased the first PC (microcomputer) for B&V and when I left/retired, B&V had over 20,000 laptop / desktop computers, all supported by a Large Mainframe and Central computing facilities. I retired after 34 years of service to B&V and am now 79 years young.

So Jayballer54, we really don’t know each other. I guess YOUR name by reading blogs on what I call the “Old Site” that could have become a GREAT Site for Jayhawk sports information but missed their chance. They are too, too, rigid in their requirements to register for access to their site. Here … @APPROXINFINITY (?? on my spelling) has stepped in an provide a “GREAT”, Great Site for ALL posters that like JayHawk information, Thanks goes to " @APPROXINFINITY for ALL of his HARD WORK and EXCELLENT SERVICE that is provided to us, the Jayhawk Fans.

Jayballer54 / Gerry thanks for responding to my inquiry … and … please have a great 2018 … and keep us updated on Jayhawk information. I promise … I will read “each and every Jayhawk” related post on this site.

Signing Off … the “Red.Rooster” … I have or HAD red hair at one time !!

• @Red.Rooster LOL, well score one for you my friend. – You had me going, I thought at the time WOW what are the chances of actually knowing someone personally of a site on the innernet like this - - - kind of disappointing now lol - - -na not really.

So see , you got an April Fool’s on me in December lol. so mark one up for you lol. It is good though to hear some info about you, helps me connect a little more a person’s style - -personality to a profile/ or blank faces lol.

Now even though I never lived in Colorado - been many many times - - truly GOD’S Country, love the mountains. My sister & Brother -in -law lived there, you may have heard of it - -they lived in Hayden Colorado - -just a hop - - skip - -and jump - -from Steam Boat Springs. They lived in a place where I swear is just like you would see on a post card you were sending to someone. - - - Their closest neighbor was 5 miles away from where they lived, My sis lived in a typical log Cabin, it was awesome - - - The face of a Huge Mountain right out towards the back of their back yard - - - - -A fairly large stream that if you were sitting on the front porch you could hear the water running. I love this kind of atmosphere - -away from everybody - the tranquility, isolation - none of the rat race where you open your window and your in your neighbors house or can hear what one is saying to the other about what they want to eat for supper - - NO THANKS. - -but Colorado oh ya. - -We would go and wade & swim and play in that stream many many times in the spring - - - umm really really cold, but you got use to it - -water coming off the mountains from spring melt.

Love going up on the continental divide - -maybe you have heard of Rabbits Ears pass? - -We climbed up to the top of the springs in steam boat you know the one’s that are pictured on the front of Coors Beer cans? - -we climbed to the top of those - -It was awesome.

Man I have to stop - -see what you did lol- – making me miss Colorado bad - -would love to move there but I know I can’t. - - to many reasons to list why on here. -It’s cold there in the winter, but as you know from living there - - it’s a totally different type of cold, used to be able to walk around in shirt sleeves with like a foot of snow on the ground. - Mam I have to STOP - -getting Colorado sick lol. - -so anyways

Glad you read my threads, between you and me I know there are people here that I’m sure secretly anyways - -really have issues with me get’s kind of heated I feel sometimes. Sometimes I’m not really the best at expressing what I’m trying to bring out, sometimes people here take it the wrong way - and then we are off - they will come at me and well it just get’s us no where but I really like this site. Was looking today and can’t believe I’ve been here since 2015. - -I’m not here to make enemies - I’m here to absorb others knowledge/wisdom about basketball and if I can add anything to the conversation then cool. - But seems like there is 3-4 in here that I just chap their ass like a burr I guess - well not much I can do about that, but I’m glad someone reads what I have to say lol.

Anyways I’ve always lived right around here lived in Topeka quite awhile - -Lived in Wichita – Lived in Benton right outside of Wichita – Lived in Desoto - - while working in Lenexa a drivers License examiner for the State. - - Lived in Eskridge - -and the only place outside of Kansas was in Texas - -not a pleasant time - -was in the service- and Boot camp many - - many - - moons ago - -in sunny San Antonio lol '-- anyways I could go on and on with you about things but I’ll stop before I wear the site out lol. hope to continue to hear from you holler anytime you like - It’s good to know that maybe there is ONE person I haven’t offended here I’m going on 64 myself don’t have time to offend people anymore, and ways you have a great day - -stay as healthy as you can and like always now my signature sign off - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Jayballer54 Thanks for responding … I wasn’t sure you would. “Hayden, Colorado” … that brings back college memories as MY roommate in college was a “Calf Roper” name Jerry Green. He had his roping horse and horse trailer in Ft. Collins and we was doing Calf Roping on the Rodeo team. He talked about Rabbit Ears pass many, many times as he frequently pulled his “horse trailer” over it going to and from Ft. Collins while he was going to CSU. Did or Do you know the Green family from Hayden, Colorado back in the sixties? Thanks, Red

• @Red.Rooster -Hey thanks for hollering. - -No sorry to say don’t know them. - -Like I said my sisters closest neighbor was 5 miles away and that neighbor was the owner of an Elk farm.

Lots of acres and every night at the same time it was so cool to go and watch here would come the Elk 2x2 and the corner of this pasture to be fed.

Really crazy. was a farm where the big time City slickers could pay x amount on monies - and they would keep the Elk in a contained portion for them to shoot go back to the city and say OH LOOK what I bagged on my hunting trip - - -really sad. - -Elk are such beautiful animals.

Ya you get around rabbit ears pas you can run into some crazy weather. - -Spmething that was really cool, don’t know if you have ever experienced it BUT you take a drive in the country back roads you could run into multiple Nature made tunnels. Strong - -stout but was just carved out by nature/water and such. - -You could come to these and the road/tunnel only big enough for a single vehicle to go through at a time. you would se signs warning of approaching and signals to let you know if occupied - -just crazy. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Red.Rooster I appreciate you too buddy! Enjoyed imagining your path from rodeo rider to computer science. What a trip!