Hinrich, the dog

• My Wife Graduated from Kansas in 2002, her favorite KU player was Kirk Hinrich. So naturally when she got a dog, she named it after Hinrich. Monday morning her beloved dog of 15 years had to be put down for health complications. I was able to met Kirks dad at a KU game with my wife in 2014 and at that time we didn’t have any kids and had told him about how much we liked Kirk. Enough so that we had a dog named after him at home, I think he got a kick out of it. I thought I’d share with everyone and give our dog one last shout out.

• @kjayhawks 🐶Rip!

• Those furry guys sure do get close to your heartstrings. Sorry for your loss.

• @kjayhawks

Sorry about your loss, dogs are family. I took me 7 years to get over the loss of my previous one and finally last April I adopted a rescue dog.

• YA for sure, our dogs/pets do become just like family - spoil to a point. I had a little min-pin name of Shadow she was so cute,

Poor lil girl she jumped down off our couch and injured her spine and she lost the use of her back legs, she would just drag herself when she had to go do her chores we took her to the vet, he gave us some medication - she slowly recovered and I’ll be dang if she didn’t do it again.

Doctor came in the room - looked at her from across the room an said YEP back injury - -put her down, didn’t even try. - We would allow them to do that She needed surgery unlike quite a few people - -hell maybe even here - -I’m just not in a position financially to have the surgery done.

So we checked around found a refuge - -a no kill center especially for min pins - - like a foster home , they would take care of her, look out after her an possibly someone would adopt them, - -she was a very lucky lil girl, a family adopted her could afford to have the surgery, she is good to go now. - Lives out in the country on a 5 acre place - has a little partner to play with, they built some stairs she goes up and down on - -sleeps with them - great care for her. - I’m so glad - I am still hurt that there wasn’t anything WE could do to keep her, but at least she wasn’t but down

Miss her terribly, sorry I got carried away about my little buddy This is about someone’s little partner sorry. - - Anyways bottom line I’m so sorry for the loss of your lil buddy. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @kjayhawks I’m guessing he wasn’t just your wife’s dog. 15 years is a long time with a pup. We had to put down our little companion a couple months ago. Sorry, man. It sucks having to let them go.