Sam I am

• Well, just got through watching some very interesting video’s about Sam Cunliffe. - Have to say I was impressed. Gave some insight about Sam - -and there is three of them each one about 30 minutes long.

The 1st one called: Sam I am ( the process )- - very well done - -very well done. - Shows the training he goes through, his everyday regiment - -workouts and such. I know some here don’t think he will amount to much - -I’m not here to say either he will -or he won’t BUT I tell you this kid is a worker - -really dedicated. - -His dad you can tell really worked him. Dad’s name is Mike love a couple of his quotes - his dad says to Sam " - Don’t fall in love with the mirror, Fall in love with the process " - Through these video’s you can tell Sam is really dedicated to becoming better every day. - Shows his workouts - -his trainer Jeff Harris - this guy knows his stuff I’m telling you. mercy the things they go through. - -

After watching these I’m withholding judgement see how he turns out. - Is he a stud on the floor maybe no mega stud - BUT think he will for sure help. Kid is very family oriented -Respects GOD, really good sense of humor - -just seems like a very personable kid. - Not going to just automatically say he isn’t much. - The kid has some skills that’s for sure as shown in these. - Think I’ll just sit back and see how it shakes out for him. - Love his confidence - he says "You got to think your filthy - - to be filthy, - you have to work to be filthy nothing is given "

Episode 2 - Seattle Mode isn’t as much about his on the court, but just more about him - -his family and Friends and trainer Jeff still very interesting watch. - -Again very family oriented - has 8 little sisters - -and his Mom - -the kid for sure loves his mom Michelle - and his mom - - sorry but - -all I can say umm WOW lol.

Then Sam I am Episode 3 - - The transition more back to the court and workout regiment working with Jeff. - -lots of work. After watching these just make me realize I need to sit back give him some time to shake off the rust of being out for the transfer, I just think in the end run - this kid is going to surprise some people - -endless worker - seems like a really great kid.

You get the chance I would highly recommend watching the Video or all 3 of them - -I did, called - Sam I am off you tube - -but for sure you need to watch the 1st one you won’t be sorry, just watching all the things he goes through with his training - -takes a lot of work very impressed. - -the 1st one is Sam I am ( the Process ) just check it out when you have time sometime I’m glad I did. - I think we got a good one here in more ways then one. - - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Thanks for the update. I’ll check it out.

• Careful you said:

Thanks for the update. I’ll check it out.

Ya actually it was pretty cool. - almost made it feel like I knew him as a person a little better too. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• In Cunliffe’s games at ASU, his PER was 10.0. Really bad. Small sample size (10 games). But not a good player in that stretch.

• HighEliteMajor said:

In Cunliffe’s games at ASU, his PER was 10.0. Really bad. Small sample size (10 games). But not a good player in that stretch.

I think he is going to be just fine, not talking as a starter but will for sure be a quality back up. - -Just going to take some game time. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54

Way to bring it. I’ve had a good feeling about Sam, but I needed some reinforcement.

• @jayballer54 Look, man. I’ve drank the Cunliffe Kool-aid. I’m all in with this guy. Defensive stopper … steal extra possessions … very good shooter …a real athlete… at least that’s what Devonte said. If Newman starts having one of his “Hello, Newman” nights, give this guy some court time.

• @KUSTEVE I’ll have a glass or two with you bro. I see very few downsides to having Sam on the team. We really needed a sixth guard last year.

• jaybate 1.0 said:

@jayballer54

Way to bring it. I’ve had a good feeling about Sam, but I needed some reinforcement.

True he struggles with his shooting in our trip over land earlier, But I feel when in gets in that routine - a groove he is going to be fine - -not saying he is going to be some mega scorer - he isn’t going to be starter - but what I think he will be during conference will be a solid relief - and come tourney could be just one more valuable piece for us. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• KUSTEVE said:

@jayballer54 Look, man. I’ve drank the Cunliffe Kool-aid. I’m all in with this guy. Defensive stopper … steal extra possessions … very good shooter …a real athlete… at least that’s what Devonte said. If Newman starts having one of his “Hello, Newman” nights, give this guy some court time.

If you get a chance buddy - got a little extra time , just watch these Sam I Am episodes off you tube. - -I’m telling ya this kid is one dedicated dude. - -Works his ass off- & I’m sure all the guys do but just saying this kid - and he seems so down to earth - I mean ya you know younger generation like their rap and -and what have ya.

But ya with or ads time goes along - this kid is going to be really good defensively I think - some other guys that played against hi mentioned as much - -Loves his mama - say she is his rock - -his inspiration - -& I think dad kept him motivated close knit family.

Watching this today really got into it - -love his work ethic. - He is going to be fine - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I watched the videos last year when he joined the team and thought wow what a great athlete. Then I watched him play in Italy and thought yep just an athlete.

• Wasn’t Cunliffe one of the worst players for KU in Italy back in August?

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

Wasn’t Cunliffe one of the worst players for KU in Italy back in August?

Great athlete, not so great of a player

• @KUSTEVE You make a good point. At the very least, we have another guy in the rotation that can compete for playing time. As it stands now, if someone isn’t bringing it, there is no “punishment” in terms of replacing them with someone else.

• We see Newman has lots of work to do, Vick certainly showed last night he has a ways to go towards being a leader, DG has had great and not so great moments, but with Cunliffe we demand a finished product from day 1. It’s a process. Myself, I wouldn’t have minded seeing him hit a few 3s last night.

• @KUSTEVE

I would have settled for anyone hitting 3s last night.

• @KUSTEVE My expectations are tempered for Cunliffe. Newman I expected so much more from. He’s out of control on most of his drives, he simply gets too sped up. His shot isn’t as pure as I’d hoped for either, but I knew he wasn’t all he was hyped to be or he’d be in the nba. Cunliffe is a guy I hope can play spot minutes this season before stepping into a bigger role in a year or two. That doesn’t mean he’s unimportant. KU needs more guard depth if they are to run the 4-1 all year.

Billy would’ve been huge last night. Imagine him getting the ball where Vick was…

• @dylans I was thinking that too…Billy being taller could have potentially been more effective in the middle…although we don’t really know given his in experience.