FLOOR BURN AWARD: KU @ TT - Feb 18

• There was only one question to answer when deciding who receives the FLOOR BURN AWARD this time: Is it Andrew Wiggins alone, or should he share it with Joel Embiid?

Joel is coming off a holiday retreat with lots of therapy and spa treatments. The rest did him good and he responded with 18 points, 8 rebounds (3 offensive) and a block. He made a definite impact on the game and he deserves to be recognized.

However… Andrew Wiggins owned this game! He went for 19 points, 6 rebounds (3 offensive), 2 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks. In a game where Kansas veered off their game, Andrew kept them alive by putting himself in the middle of almost every play, including going down on the court to fight for 50/50s. He played 35 minutes, but still had the energy to turn a loose ball into a game-winning basket! He was easily the best player in this game (on both sides of the ball). He took over a dysfunctional offense and forced his will on Texas Tech and it was the difference in Kansas being up 2 games instead of 1 on Texas.

There were plenty of lessons to be learned from this game. Lessons mostly for Naadir Tharpe. I hope he realizes why we won by 1 point instead of 20… because we should have won by 20.

Conference Season Tally:

Wayne Selden 5

Andrew Wiggins 4

Joel Embiid 3

Perry Ellis 3

Naadir Tharpe 3

Tarik Black 3

Frank Mason 2

Brannen Greene 1

Landen Lucas 1

Conner Frankamp 1

Jamari Traylor 1

Andrew White III 1

Justin Wesley 1

Evan Manning 1

Niko Roberts 1

Christian Garrett 1

• @drgnslayr I wish there was tape of the post game interviews. Just listening was so cool to hear him giggling! I’d also like to see tape of the celebrating. Think the “jersey” is starting to mean the same to him as it does to us longtime fans! Starting to realize the time is slipping away. He’s a special player and very happy he chose Kansas! Don’t like the OAD, but only because I am selfish! Great choice drgnslayr, as always.

• @Crimsonorblue22

Andrew said this was his first game-winner… ever! I hope it sticks in his head and becomes a permanent source of stimulation for him in future games. The stakes are rising and so is the pressure. He should take advantage of every positive to draw energy from… and self confidence!

• After the Kstate game there were a few people questioning Wiggins hustle and getting on the floor for loose balls. For the record you don’t have to dive on the floor to get a loose ball. If he dove on the floor last night it’s either a jump ball or the clock expires.
    He put himself in the right place to get the ball, be it either a loose ball or a rebound. He hustled in and made the play.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Here’s a link to an edited version of last night’s post game press conference.

Wiggins and Embiid were clearly having a good time.

• @MNJayhawk bless you!!! That made my day! I welcome help at any time! Welcome and Rock Chalk!

• He is a happy man…

1939830_10152271141129532_1262789803_n[1].jpg