Stanley was good but not that good

• I’ve seen a few tweets and post about Stanley being the savior for the KU offense. First off I agree with Stanley starting as long our line is below average. Bender was averaging over 300 yards a game and the offense was averaging 30 points per game for the first time since 2009 before ISU and TCU . With that being said having our starting center made a huge difference but let’s not act like KSU is a great team. People also forget Stanley couldn’t throw the first 4 weeks of the season due to an injury so it would’ve been tough for him to play before West Virginia, a game that we win if the defense shows up with Bender in. After watching Saturday I highly doubt KSU goes to a bowl. Comparing their defense to TCU is ludicrous. People forget that Bender had 3 straight 300 plus yard games for the first time since Ressing to start the year. Not mention fans hated the revolving door at QB a year ago. Bender got as much of a chance as you could ask for and did decent to be honest and wouldve won more games had the defense played as well early in the year as it is now. I honestly don’t think the game goes much different if he started rather than Stanley. Stanley under threw a good chunk of passes and was bailed out bye good catches several times. Also had a back breaking fumble to start the second half that was as costly as any play.

• @kjayhawks Doesn’t matter who is back there if the O-Line can’t block and we can’t get a run game going. Stanley is probably a better option for now with his ability to run a little bit more. But imo it is really splitting hairs.

We will continue to struggle until we get 4th and 5th year guys starting at all 5 spots on the line. One thing that I personally think could help is the offensive line getting outrageously large splits. Like Mike Leach at TTU splits. This would do a lot of things:

• Take away defensive line stunts. No more twists.
    • Make a defense think twice about slanting their lineman. You call a slant the wrong way and it is a 25 yard run because the hole is so damn big.
    • Give the QB more time to read the DE on read options
    • Get our OL out in space on screens quicker
    • Spread Linebackers out so we can run the ball 3 or 4 yards easier and stay on schedule.
    • Make the DEs/OLBs run further to get to the QB.

It would make us vulnerable to the blitz and good interior lineman. But overall, I think it would benefit us a lot more than hurt us.

• This issues will never be resolved. - -You have your opinion which your entitled to - -others have theirs. Bender mis read so many coverages soooooo much like I’ve mentioned so many times I’ve worn myself out. - He was an innerception looking for a place to happen. - -Bender OVER THREW - -UNDER THREW it was pathetic. Like I’ve said soo many times you don’t like Stanley -then next man up - -much chance as any - -Bender has done nothing. - -whoopee he threw over 300 yds - -did we win? ANY of those games? - -Stanley in his 1st start throws for over 400 -we still lost it’s not about yardage it’s about wins.

You got your vendetta against Stanley - - -Great then move on to Starks - -Bender had plenty of opportunity He sits - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 I don’t have a vendetta against anyone besides Joe Deforest currently. I said in my KSU preview I’d start Stanley because can avoid pressure, I’m not sure ether QB is great or anything. Stanley had a gods plenty of under and over throw balls Saturday and a less 50% completion and he had two turnovers himself, the fumble giving KSU the ball inside our 15 was a huge factor in why we lost.

• kjayhawks said:

@jayballer54 I don’t have a vendetta against anyone besides Joe Deforest currently. I said in my KSU preview I’d start Stanley because can avoid pressure, I’m not sure ether QB is great or anything. Stanley had a gods plenty of under and over throw balls Saturday and a less 50% completion and he had two turnovers himself, the fumble giving KSU the ball inside our 15 was a huge factor in why we lost.

well your right about one thing. - -He fumbled. I’d challenge anyone to be able to hang on to the ball after taking a blind side hit like the one he took. - -See it happen all the time in pro’s - -someone missed a block - -pick up a blitz - -he came in untouched full bore.

Ya under 505 completion BUT might help some if your receivers hang onto the ball at least 7 drops that should of been caught - - like they say if you can get your hands on it as a receiver - -it should be caught. - - Hell Bender barely over 50% for the year more Int’s to TD’S- - Stanley last turnover was on the last play of the game not counting that almost a given everyone knows he is going end zone where else would he go under that situation. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Well guys I dunno. - -So far our two biggest recruits Pookie Williams and our other stud dam I can’t even remember his name - -maybe because of my fire water right now lol but they still remain committed. Are they really that loyal to the program and out asst from Louisiana ? If some how we can get them to hang on till the early signing in December. - - Let’s see Devonte Jason is that his name?

I think these two players are HUGE for the program - some how - - - -some way we have GOT to land these guys, and to their credit SO FAR they have remained loyal to their verbals even though just about every major other D-1 school is on them, If we can get them to sign in December that’s a Huge plus all things considered -Is their loyality to Coach that sincere? - - hope so. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY