Oh, Oh..... Roy?!

• 0_1507058857257_williams-roy021916-getty-ftrjpg_zvain4y8rzf71ky7w5w0vjmau.jpg

I hope I’m just being oversensitive here. Times like these (FBI sting) make me turn inwards to become more sensitive… looking for signs like a poker player.

This article rubbed me wrong. It felt to me like Roy was actually being defensive and trying to separate himself from potential issues underneath him with assistant coaches.

I hope Roy’s world is clean on this. I hate to think he might have left us with a little present that is just now being unwrapped!

I’m not losing sleep over this. I’m usually trying to keep people calm around me on this topic. I just didn’t want to later say I already sensed something when the bad news comes for Roy, and a small chance, for Kansas.

While Kansas is busy auditing this subject within our current program, I hope we have the resources to go backwards to Roy’s days at Kansas and use the same diligence in investigating this far back. I’m doubtful we would suffer any consequences even if something is found from Roy’s days. But it would be very helpful to us if we can learn about this topic going back as far as possible.

I’m not even going to mention Larry Brown!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/acc/2017/10/03/north-carolina-coach-roy-williams-nike-never-helped-me-get-any-player/726511001/

I apologize to all if anyone feels i’m cheap-shotting Roy. That isn’t the intent. Just want to make sure we have exposure to everything surrounding our program.

• @drgnslayr

it reminds me of this conversation…

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Captain Renault: I’m shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

Croupier: Your winnings, sir.

Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.

Captain Renault: [aloud] Everybody out at once!

I bet Coach Williams will argue that basketball players were not allowed to take courses in the African Studies program or have tutor write their papers.

As far as KU, I would think that by now the statue of limitation on any thing that could have happened has expired.

• I’ve always had a certain beef with Roy. I’ve always questioned the way he handles speaking to the public. I’ve never felt like he responds the way he should to best show his own qualities as well as the university he represents.

I’m not a Duke fan… but I prefer the way Coach K (and Coach Self) handled this -

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2017/10/04/ncaab-duke-coach-k-ncaa-fix-problems-fbi-scandal/730635001/