Big Nick Collison to retire after this year.

• What an incredible run. Please come back to KU and be the Big Man coach.

Nick has signed his last contract.

0_1500065241301_Capture.PNG

• 0_1500065386932_Capture.PNG

• @wrwlumpy nick or Cole would be great!

• Son of a coach. Carved out a nice career. It’d be nice to see him around Larryville more.

• One of my favorites. Just an amazing player.

• Not just a great college and pro player but a class individual as well. I would love for him to join the KU program as an assistant coach; he has mentored many players in recent years so he has a head start. It would not surprise me if he ends up as an assistant in the NBA.

• Could Nick be the successor to Bill Self? When we had that discussion, I don’t recall Nick even in the conversation.

(Agree that Nick is one of the all-time favorite Jayhawks!)

• Awesome for him end his career where it started, well sorta lol. Loved Nick when he was here easily one of my all time favorite hawks. I know there will be some nay sayers because he spent most of his time as a role player in the league but anyone who can play at the highest level for 15 years has had a solid career end of story.

• @bskeet

In all fairness and to the best of my knowledge I don’t believe Collison has expressed a desire to coach so it is hard to include him in talks about potential coaches. Just sayin’…

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.