KU's Non-Conference Schedule released
BeddieKU23 last edited by
Not the most Challenging schedule. Some good mid-majors, some big named teams that are not on KU’s level. Obviously Kentucky is the biggest one of them all.
Oct-31- Pittsburg St (Exhibition)
Nov 7- Fort Hayes St (Exhibition)
Nov-10 Tennessee St (Home)
- Last year 17-13, both leading scorer’s gone. Will be a nice opener
Nov 14- Kentucky (Champions Classic)
- We’ll see if experience again trumps freshman
Nov 17- South Dakota St (Home)
- The best mid-major player in the country Mike Daum will come to Allen Fieldhouse. Daum averaged 25 points a game as a Soph and is a lethal big man from the 3 point land. SDS lost to Gonzaga in 1st round of the Tournament last year. 6 other rotation players return as well. This will be a bit of a trap game after playing Kentucky.
Nov 21- Texas Southern (Home)
- Lost to UNC in the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament last yr. Another solid mid-major team coming to Allen Fieldhouse. Will not be the easiest game.
Nov 24- Oakland (Home)
- 25-9 last season for one of the best mid-major coaches in the land. 2 former Big-12 players are in their rotation (Martez Walker formely of Texas and their leading scorer) and Stevie Clark (Oklahoma St) who was kicked off the team. Not likely to be a pushover game.
Nov 28- Toledo (Home)
- 17-17 last season. Likely to be one of the 2 easiest non-conference games we play.
Dec 2- Syracuse (Neutral, played in Miami)
- Syracuse headed for a terrible season. KU should pound them in this game.
Dec 6- Washington (Sprint Center)
- Washington Will be lucky to win 10 games. This will be a rout.
Dec 10- Arizona St (Home)
- I wonder if Bragg will travel to sit on the bench in Allen. Cunliffe I think has to sit this one out as well. They have 3 senior backcourt players, a Top 50 wing and little post depth. Should not be a tough game.
Dec 16- Nebraska (Away)
- Nebraska will again be a bottom dweller of the Big-10. Always good to get a few away games in.
Dec18- Omaha (Home)
- Should be the easiest home game of the season.
Dec 21- Stanford (Away, Neutral court in Sacremento)
- Reid Travis will try and go for 30 again. Stanford should be marginally better because most of the team returns and a few hightly touted freshman join the frey.
Jan 27- Texas A&M (Home)
- The annual Big-12/SEC Challenge game. Tyler Davis goes for career game after wanting KU in his recruitment. Williams will be the most electrifying player on the court after snubbing the draft and a lottery pick to return to college. Should be a good game.
wissox last edited by
Not a whole bunch of SOS enhancers there but also not a whole bunch of SOS killers either, so it’s kind of an OK game. 7 power conference games means something to look forward to. I would quibble with calling Texas Southern a mid major however! I live 10 miles from a SWAC school and it’s pitiful. Attendance gets beat by local high schools regularly, the basketball sucks too. But good summary of the schedule!