EMBIID-Must watch

• The Game of Zones-Joel Embiid mashup you didn’t know you needed

• All that does for me is tick me off that he’s not still a Jayhawk.

• @Statmachine OMG! That was so freaking funny! Hilarious!

I saw Joel tweet he thought this was the funniest thing hes ever seen.
    #TrusttheProcess!

• @nuleafjhawk He will always be a Jayhawk

• I guess it makes more sense if you are a fan and watch the show Game of Thrones? I never have watched that show so it seems sort of anticlimactic to me?

• @Lulufulu I realize that I’m a communist or whatever, but guys that stay one year mean nothing to me. Josh Jackson included. It’s just my own thing - I don’t expect anyone else to get it or agree with it.

• @nuleafjhawk Nah, youre entitled to your opinions.

For me, it definitely means more to me to see guys stay longer, graduate even, than it does if they just stay one year, or one semester. But guys like Joel who are once in a generation type talents, it makes me proud to know they wore crimson and blue, if only for one year.
    Wilt didn’t stay 4 years, neither did Pierce. Do they mean less to you that they didn’t graduate from KU?

• @Lulufulu Actually, I WAS a little flustered about Paul Pierce leaving, even after his junior year! KU had not experienced a lot of early leavers (in my recollection) before that. Wilt - he was a little before my time, but if anyone was going to leave for the pros early with my blessing, it would have been him.

I understand why these guys leave after one year. I just don’t agree with it. And it doesn’t endear them to me. Good Lord willing, ten years from now I will recall many of Frank Mason’s magical moments (while staring at his jersey hanging in the rafters…) - I honestly will have to ask someone " hey - who was that kid from Detroit that was such a good athlete?"

• @nuleafjhawk Yeah man, no judgement on your views.
    One more time though, I gotta poke at it. wink Mario Chalmers, went pro a year early, got his jersey hung. He will always be legendary at KU

• nuleafjhawk said:

I realize that I’m a communist or whatever, but guys that stay one year mean nothing to me.

Maybe the best quote of the calendar year. And when someone adds “whatever” to a quote like that, it adds depth. It presents many considerations.

I just don’t give one rip about the NBA, or NBA careers, or any of that. My consideration is KU basketball only, first and foremost. I want players where the other stuff happens because of good careers and contributions to KU hoops.

And ladies and gentlemen, it has been proven, beyond doubt, that one year, OADs are not needed for that. I’ve long held that position.

If we are unable to snag big time post players as has been speculated, then why not focus on the next tier and PROMISE recruits that we won’t be crooning for the next top 10, possible OAD? It’s as easy as doing it.

But sure as day is long, we’ll be after the next top 10 center that will leave us at the alter. And leave us with nothing else much to show of it in the recruiting class.

Look at our post position. It’s really sad. Udoka is terrific. Preston, we’ll see – then what?

It’s dangerously thin.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why we can’t or won’t cash in on some #50 something big guys.

I do think a large part of it is our hyper focus on the top guys. Chasing the ones in the bush vs. getting one in the hand.

That one in the hand will give us multiple seasons in the program. Real KU guys. Not the pitstop stuff.

I may be a commie too.

• @Lulufulu In this day and age, I would be foolish to think everyone should stay four years. Correct, but foolish. Lol.

In my feeble mind there’s a big difference between a guy who stays three years and a guy who stays one year. I just don’t understand. If a kid is good enough to go pro after one year of college, he’s good enough to go right out of high school. Why jump through the hoops (pun intended) to attend a college for a few months? I mean, if you’re that good, the NBA already has your name on their chalkboard.