Day 1 Tournament Day Thread

• Just a few hours away from tip.

Streaming some of the early action at work. Really interested in the UNC Wilmington/Virginia game. Two Contrasting styles of play. Wilmington likes to get up and down the court, Virginia will put you to sleep if your not paying attention and we all know their defense prowess. UNC W played Duke tough last year but couldn’t play enough defense to win. Virginia doesn’t score so unless they have a breakout game I expect this could be an upset. The coach of UNC W is playing for a new job, expect his group to be ready to go.

What other games is everyone excited for today- besides all of them?

• @BeddieKU23 I’m up for any huge upset that improves KU’s chances down the road!

• @ParisHawk

Then we should be rooting for Nevada in the late game tonight. I don’t think UVM can beat Purdue but we’ve seen crazier things happen.

• The 1 and 2 seed games usually are blow outs, of course not always. I tend to look for anything that may help my bracket, KU, and Big 12 teams or old KU coaches. So today I will be very intrigued to watch

1. Iowa State a. Big 12 team b. Directly impacts KU
    2. West Virginia a. Big 12 team
    3. FGCU a. Coach Dooley b. Coach Miles
    4. Purdue a. Directly impacts KU

Also did anyone notice that ALL 5 vs 12 seed games are on today? That has to be intentional, 12 seeds are 10-10 over the last 5 years, that should be fun

• @BeddieKU23 Wanting to keep up with the West Virginia game and then of course the Iowa State game tonight, then others might be the Florida vs East Tenn St. MAYBE Maryland vs Xavier those would be the main one’s - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• These came in just for the start of the tourney!!!

IMG_6689.JPG

• @HawkInMizery

Those are soooooooo sweet! Where did you get them?

• @tis4tim right??? i got them as a graduation present. http://www.opckicks.com/store/p188/rockchalknikes

• @HawkInMizery said:

i got them as a graduation present.

Congrats on your graduation! If I got something like that as a gift, I’d probably never wear them as I’d hate to get them dirty!

• @tis4tim Thank you!!! Fortunately they scratch/crack proof them and waterproof them. I’ll probably never wear them outside of when the Jayhawks are playing. they’lll never be everyday shoes.

• First game is blah. ND struggling and Princeton’s offense consists of jacking up guarded threes.

• @BShark

Definitely hasn’t opened up yet. I bet it does towards the end of half early 2nd though once teams get jitters out of the way. The 436 timeouts should help the coaches yell at them until they do

• @BeddieKU23

I’d complain about all the breaks, but I think it favours this KU team and the lack of depth.

• big fan of this announcing crew though. madness we always get the best. much better than ESPN’s dog crew

• UNCW UVA has tipped off. UNCW coach could be on to a bigger job after this year.

• @BeddieKU23

Agree. Pretty much garbage free!

• @BShark

I want UNCW to win, felt they got Duke ref’d last yr big time… Let’s see if they can take down a diff ACC squad

• FYI Tom Crean out at Indiana…

• @BeddieKU23 said:

FYI Tom Crean out at Indiana…

Shocker…

Too bad he didn’t have any recruits. Then again, Ill and and UW firings already opened up a ton of players. I just hope Harris doesn’t reopen and then quickly decide. KU chasing Duval could be a killer.

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.