Little Tidbit

• Just thinking about this but since Self has been here at Kansas, every year we have played Davidson we eventually made it to the final four.

2008 - National champions

2012 - National runner up

2017 - ?

• @HawkChamp I like that tidbit.

• Littler tidbit — KSUcks has a player transferring and another one was suspended. Both were transfers last year. Weber just can’t keep a full roster can he?

• @HawkChamp I realized that watching the game last night.

• @RockChalkinTexas Whaaaa? hadn’t seen that. - -we talking about this current season? - - Someone transferring ALREADY and someone suspended - - Jumpin Gee Hossa Fats – -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @HawkChamp said:

Just thinking about this but since Self has been here at Kansas, every year we have played Davidson we eventually made it to the final four.

2008 - National champions

2012 - National runner up

2017 -NATIONAL CHAMPIONS KANSAS JAYHAWKS

Thank you very much…yes we graciously accept the honor !

• @jayballer54 From Topeka Capital Journal - 12/17/16:

DENVER — Two players counted on to bolster Kansas State’s front-line depth have been taken out of the mix.

Prior to K-State’s game against Colorado State on Saturday, coach Bruce Weber announced freshman center Dante Williams has elected to transfer out of the program while freshman forward Isaiah Maurice was indefinitely suspended.

Maurice was suspended for “violations of departmental policy,” Weber said in a K-State news release.

“We have department rules and you have to follow them and he didn’t do it,” Weber said after the Wildcats’ 89-70 victory over Colorado State. “I told him I haven’t lost faith in him and I believe in him.”

Maurice, who made the trip to Denver with the team, had played in all 10 games prior to Saturday. The 6-foot-10 forward from Durham, N.C., who redshirted last year, averaged 2.6 points and 2.5 rebounds while playing 10.2 minutes off the bench.

Weber left the door open for Maurice to rejoin the team.

“The biggest thing with him is now what do you do with your life?” Weber said. “You need structure, you need discipline and make progress. It’s not just about basketball, it’s about your life and taking care of yourself. He apologized to our team last night, which was great.

“He’ll be back sooner or later.”

Williams, who didn’t play in the Dec. 10 game against Washington State due to “personal issues,” according to K-State officials, completed his classroom work for the semester this past week and informed Weber he would transfer.

Williams redshirted last season at K-State with a foot injury. The 7-footer from Arlington, Texas, played in six games, averaging 1.5 points and 1.0 rebounds.

“It’s disappointing,” Weber said. “Dante had just started making some progress. He had some personal issues, some family issues. He had finally practiced for two weeks in a row for the first time since he’s been here, but he had too many things going on to deal with.

“He feels like he needs to continue his college career elsewhere and we wish him the best as he moves forward.”

• @RockChalkinTexas

Saw this. Maurice was playing minutes and would have been used against bigger teams like KU. K-St much smaller now just 2 guys playing over 6’7. Iwundu is going to be forced into the post it looks.

• Williams will not be much of an immediate loss since he did not play hardly at all and he was a player that might produce in future years. Many 7 ’ players feel the should play just because of their height but many really are not Division I material.

Say what you will about Weber but he has not hesitated benching or suspending players that broke rules. I have no doubt that many if not most programs would have looked the other way to all of the shenanigans of a player with the talent of Marcus Foster but Weber did not put up with that…gotta give him credit for that. Maurice seems to be the latest player to find out the hard way; he will be missed.