Reviewing West Virginia

• Kansas lost this evening at the hands of West Virginia 48-21. The defense held up pretty good outside of the second quarter trailing 10-0 at the end of the first but allowing 3 mountaineer TDs in the second blew the game open to 31-0 at the half. Kansas came out in the second half, battled and won the half 21-17 but it was too little to late and some of it was against the second team WVU D. But man if we could play for a whole game we would have 2 more wins. Cozart didn’t playing horrible but was about as good as he’s gonna be with 11/24 for 124 with a INT. Stanley got in the game in the second half and looked pretty darn good outside of a few plays finished 9/11 127 yards with 2 TDs and a INT. As a whole I thought the offense looked better against one of the best defenses in the B12 on paper. We left points on the board in the first half with silly penalties that killed drives, not getting a 4th and short at mid field and a Cozart INT. We finished with 441 yards. they average letting up less than we got especially on the ground where they give up less than 100 YPG and we got 150, averaged better than 4 YPC. Sims JR put another solid game together with 9 catches for 124 yards and a TD which ties him with Briscoe for most since 09. The defense was the norm for this season, have sacks and TFLs but continue to give big plays especially in the run game. Cant let up 600 yards and win very often.They did however up with a fumble and a goal line stand, which I cant remember the time I saw one from us off the top of my head TT in 08. The game we all have circled is next at home vs ISU, hopefully we can build from this second half and get a B12 win for the first time in 2 years. It wont be easy they know its their best shot at a victory aswell. RCJH

• I thought Cozart looked horrible last night. Missed way too many easy, short passes kast night. With 3 games left, might as well let Stanley have a crack at it and see if he could becone a potential back up or starter for next season to compete with Starks in the spring.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 He did look horrible for a D1 QB but he didn’t look horrible as Cozart our QB. He played one of his more decent games on paper mainly because he didn’t turn it over 4 times. Crazy thing to me is how much the Ertz kid had improved thru out the year for KSU, while we’ve had a guy starting games for the better part of 3 years and shows no chance of improving.

• The goal line stand will be a turning point for this team.

• @JayHawkFanToo Saturday is really a must win or beaty could completely lose fan support and the players. We really should beat them

• @kjayhawks

As long as the fans see progress, Beaty is safe. Most every knowledgeable fan and hopefully the administration knows that it will take at least 2-3 more years before KU is competitive. We should forget about changing coaches every couple of years. I have seen progress but we are not even close to being competitive quite yet. Given time hopefully we will be.