What Bill Self was thinking when he broke his watch.

• I wish we’d stop TINKLEing around with this team.

Maybe I’ll get a new watch at my retirement party which will come sooner than later if these dang fans don’t leave me alone.

Shoot, I can’t keep up with the gang at KUbuckets on my google watch. I don’t have a clue what halftime adjustments to make now.

If Payton posterizes Cheick again I’m gonna posteriorize Cheick.

Christmas is coming, maybe Cindy will upgrade my wristpiece.

I don’t play Tyler tonight, Cindy’s gonna make me sleep on the couch.

If we miss another bunny I’m gonna break more than a watch.

I’m getting schooled by a coach from Montana.

We lose this game, boot camp next year will have casualty’s.

I wish was one of those halfs that people couldn’t watch because of our idiot AD.

And a few minutes after he broke his watch?

Basketball is really easy when I let guys shoot threes.

Basketball is really fun when I let guys push the tempo.

Basketball is really better when some of these stiffs are sitting on the bench.

Basketball is a blast when I get to put Evan and Tyler in, whew, no couch tonight.

Got to remind the guys to play like this in both halfs next week.

Might have to get Brannen more than one shot next game.

• The hitting his fists together moment from red-face-Self was also a read-my-lips moment for the lip readers…I seemed to read “No f–ing way!” is what he was booming at someone…?

• @ralster I had already deleted my recording of the game and so I couldn’t remember at what point it happened.

• Banned

@wissoxfan83

All I can tell ya is Coach was pissed. 😡

I damn near chucked the watch if he would caught it when it broke.

• He just wanted the new Apple watch. apple.jpg

• @wissoxfan83 I haven’t watched the game over yet but the espn video shows the score at 22-18, as Mason’s lay up cut their lead to 4. I also distinctly recall Self screaming “Blow your effin whistle” after one of the many obvious first half mistakes by the refs. Replay clearly accentuated his tirade for lip readers everywhere. They were so awful I began to think some one was takin a dive-Ray Charles coulda seen some of the walks & shot clock violations those clowns didn’t call.

• Everyone is starting to project how our year will turn out.

We are all keeping our eyes on Cheick’s development, our players’ health, team chemistry, and STYLE OF PLAY.

All of those things are important.

But I am also specifically watching SELF and noticing how engaged he looks during games.

From all of the thousands (if not millions) of words I and everyone else types in here… if I had to point to one factor as being the most important factor for how we do in March, for me, it easily would be the factor of how much Self is engaged in our games.

I know every coach coaches different, and with their own style. But I want to see coaches engaged in games, standing up for most of it and yelling out constantly to players. We have endured many seasons where Self wasn’t really engaged in games. Sitting for most of the game and whispering once in a while to an assistant.

I think the “chip” I always talk about most of the time is developed through the head coach. There are exceptions.

• @wissoxfan83 I got a pretty good chuckle out of this that I need this morning, well done!

• @ralster yeah that’s definitely what he said to the ref

• @HawkInMizery Where have you been? LOVE LOVE LOVE your signature!!!

• @RockChalkinTexas me too! He’s a good guy for sure!

• @RockChalkinTexas I’ve been around the last week or so! I disappeared for awhile, I started grad school and got buried under that. I’m better at balancing working fulltime now with grad school so now I have more time to be a board rat 🙂 and thanks I actually stole it from a someecard that I saw on twitter one day ha!

• @Crimsonorblue22 awww shucks! thank you 🙂

• @HawkInMizery I don’t have much to contribute here so I just try to make people laugh a little bit sometimes!

• @wissoxfan83 I watched Wisconsin game. What is going on there?

• @RockChalkinTexas Totally inexperienced team. Koenig and Hayes are proving they thrive better with a supporting cast and are not carrying the load by themselves. Basically they have Hayes, Koenig and Happ who are legitimate starters and that’s it. All of the Bo streaks are going to end this season I’m afraid, no dance, no 4th or better in the Big1G, etc. It’s tough to complain too much, but makes me wonder what the future will be like.