Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder? @jaybate1.0 is OURS!!!

• From the “other” site:

Joe Ross 2 days 1 hour ago

To the extent that Jaybate made comments that were timely and relevant, his participation was welcomed by many. But many began to feel that his commentary became increasingly more about vainglorious attention-seeking and building a personal reputation than anything substantive. For their part, kusports never banished him. He has exiled himself to the netherworld outside of this forum, which he would not have done were he completely happy here. He has chosen his own participation level.

RJ King 2 days ago

Yeah, I know Joe. But many of his comments were interesting and thought-provoking, and we could just scroll past the ego-centrical ramblings. I would happily trade crashing into the super annoying mano y mano dialogue that populates this site now, for the good old days of eccentric Jaybate essays.

… Joe Ross 1 day, 22 hours ago

Ill say this and Ill sit quietly, leaving you the last word. If Jaybate were here he himself would admit to being involved in many of those trash talking exchanges. This is not a judgment, but rather an objective statement of fact. He would, of course, propose justification for those statements and at the same time characterize his opponents in some negative light. I know this to be true as I was engaged with him in many of those sparring sessions and we used a similar tactic. Having said that, when his focus was on sports he had the potential to be very insightful. Its just that if we’re going to be fair to the body of his contributions, we have to include the fact that he was certainly not a stranger to trash talking.

RJ King 17 hours, 14 minutes ago

I have no last word, except to say that you are absolutely right. I suppose absence does make the heart grow fonder.

• @RockChalkinTexas He’s ours I tell you. @jaybate-1.0 is all ours and that other site is the lesser for it.

• @RockChalkinTexas Why don’t you join some of us tonite as we cheer on the Royals as they take on some team down south called the Rangers? @Crimsonorblue22 will be with us.

• @RJ http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jaybate

Hmm. that’s not quite this … http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jaybate+1.0

But it’s pretty close.

Hopefully he knows he can find @jaybate-1.0 that easily.

• I found @jaybate-1.0 picture by googling his name.jaybate.jpg It’s not really what I expected, but I’m sure if you saw me it wouldn’t be what you expected either.

• @RockChalkinTexas jb used to spar with more than one rat at the other site, but none of the exchanges were as funny as those with Ross. Hell, we all get narcissistic at times, but few I’ve ever encountered have the clever & charismatic ability to make it so witty & hilarious as ole jb. Yeah he gets windy at times, but reading him spar with Ross was like recanting a paragraph from a Shakespearean play & then a nut & bolt reference from a old Popular Mechanics magazine. And more often than not, jb displayed great reserve in the punishment he dished out. It was almost like jb was dueling with an unarmed man at times. Plus I’m here to say those exchanges were some of the absolute funniest posts I can ever recall digesting over there. Alas those days are passed & Joe stays away.-- thank Heavens. I’m quite happy the new & improved jb belongs here with our rats & Mr Joe has now secured his safe haven. Long live the King of kubuckets !!