Wiggins posterizing dunk

• Wiggins’ posterizing slam Video http://es.pn/1CCOGe1 via ESPN App http://es.pn/app

• I have mixed feelings about all the highlights I see. My first reaction is to be happy. But then I get a terrible feeling in my stomach asking where was this a year ago?

I have always been admittedly opposed to the idea that Wiggins didn’t try. But it seems almost everyday I see a highlight dunk and all the missed finger rolls at KU come to my mind.

But nonetheless, good for Andrew!

• @JRyman glad you posted it! He’s even showing a lil emotion!!!

• @JhawkAlum I don’t doubt that he held back a little, but I’m sure another year has improved him as a player also. Maybe if he stayed at KU another year, he would have finished stronger. I’d rather give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he continues to get better and reflects positively on KU

• @JhawkAlum

Wigs tried plenty last year… he just didn’t have the confidence. How could he? He was asked to take it in the paint against 5 defenders.

If we would have actually ran offense for a clear out where there is the threat of someone else scoring so the defense had to still play honest, we would have seen this Wiggins.

We could chuck him from the NBA, put him back in a KU uniform, go back to the stiff way we used him and watch him be the old Wiggins we knew last year. It could all happen again.

Wiggins is like Jordan, and after he left for the pros and opened up his game. Sure Jordan showed more in college… he was there 3 years.

• Wiggins was the perfect example of what Bill Self wants.

A guy who buys I to the system and plays within the team concept.

Look what he did when Self unleashed him from that concept in the WV game last year.

I think Wiggins played within the system like he was asked to do and Self rewarded him for it in one game. It is to bad we didn’t see more if it, but that’s how Self cosches it’s a team game. Five guys working together on the floor at te same time to accomplish the same goal.

• @JRyman a lot of his progression is just being a year older, stronger. Wigs said he was so surprised how much he didn’t know, last year. Not only is he scoring against bigger more mature nba guys, he’s guarding some of the best. He’s so fluid, smooth, it looks effortless.

• @Crimsonorblue22

I agree. I am sure that working on his game 24/7 with the best trainers and coaches in the business had had a big effect in his game.

• @JayHawkFanToo he’s dunk was #1 on SC!

• Gosh, and just imagine how good he would look if he still had Joel down low, lol.

• @JRyman

True… it points to what I see as the difference between D1 coaches and NBA coaches. D1 coaches are teachers of the game, NBA coaches just want to win so they use a strategy they think will create more victories.