HOW CAN 10 DRAFT CHOICES BEAT IRISH BY 2? (For HEM)

• • How can ten draft choices and four footers beat Notre Dame by only 2? The Trey. UK WOULD HAVE STOMPED ND WITHOUT ND’S TREY.

• How can UA with 7 draft choices and including 4 footers lose to 1 draft choice who is a footer? The Trey. BADGERS SANS TREYS WOULD BE LIKE CURDS WITHOUT WHEY.

• What will decide MSU VS. UL? The Trey BOTH WILL PLAY GREAT DEFENSE, SO WHICH EVER HAS THE HOT TREY GUN WINS.

• Duke vs Gonzaga? 9 draft choices and a footer versus 4 Euro Lugs? The Trey. NOTHING CAN GET THROUGH THE PAINT. Mark Few will counter cheap shot with cheap shot and so the team with the hot hand from trey wins.

CONCLUSION: all strategy and tactics exist to get you in position to win with the trey. In March Maddness from Elite 8 on most teams are too deep to foul up and win without the trey. Trying to win without the trey is fool’s gold that can only be accomplished against teams without depth before the Elite 8, and even then there is only marginal and rare payback to learning to play that way.

• @jaybate-1.0 Uh-oh! Did you say, “Fool’s Gold?” Feller, this ain’t football! Game plan???

• @jaybate-1.0 Sorry JB, but I think you’re wrong on the ND - UK game. ND had a very average game in terms of three point shooting (I think they only made 4 or 5). ND was the better team for most of the game because they fought hard getting position for rebounds, they played physical, and were crafty enough on offense to have a chance to win even without making double digit threes.

This game proved that you don’t have to play a perfect game to beat UK - you just have to not beat yourself. If it wasn’t for a couple of errors in the last minute and a half,ND would have won.

• @DinarHawk

I stand corrected. Thanks.

• Agreed ND had them beat but Kentucky did everything to prevent that from happening. Made every shot in the last 12 minutes is a formula for coming back. ND should have won but it wasn’t meant to be. Wisconsin will have to play a similar flawless game to have a chance.