quick thoughts on Duke vs KU

• Ive got the game DVR’d as most everyone does I think. Ive watched it twice in its entirety and found some spots Ive seen more than that.
    First, I think KU’s offense hasn’t been this potent and balanced in at least 5 years. Their defense is clearly still a work in progress but they are getting good, getting it down fast. They’ll have to. Im a bit surprised Tarik hasn’t had as much of an impact as I thought, him being a very big Senior PF. Embiid getting more minutes against Duke speaks volumes. I still think we will get a solid performance from Black, he maybe just having some knee problems, Insert knee quilt comments ala Jaybate. After the Ft Hays St game he had his knees wrapped in ice, lots of ice. Its all speculation but I still think he can help us in the paint. I haven’t given up on the big guy.
    KU missed some defensive assignments against Duke that last years team woulda caught before it happened but again, last years team did not have the offensive chops, not close. Coach Self WILL have them playing top notch Div 1 defense by conference play.
    One last thing, Perry couldn’t guard Parker, he dropped ohhh 16-18 points on him the first quarter. Conversely, Parker couldn’t guard Perry. The Designer didn’t score as many points in the first quarter but he did it more efficiently and had his way with Parker in the paint. I also loved it when Wigs just took Parker on in the second quarter and shut him down. At least that’s how it looked to me.