KU ROSTER 2026-27
-
TKR has a cousin on the woman’s basketball team for those wondering of a connection to the program.
He never signed a contract with the timberwolves despite being drafted in the 2nd round.
Seems like this one is heading in a good direction from Swain’s last update. Now his eligibility case is another story.
-
Boy if White, TKR and Council are all eligible and play for KU that just completely changed everything. It certainly makes Self’s job difficult but that’s why they pay him big money. No idea how the roster spots play out, don’t care tbh but it’s worth mentioning we only have 1 spot currently open.
There will be some unhappy campers on the team if all of this plays out.
-
We can’t get both I believe we only have 1 scholarship open.
-
@TYOHawk The rules are all made up now. That said, I think Mel's case is very thin.
-
@BShark said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
@TYOHawk The rules are all made up now. That said, I think Mel's case is very thin.
I’ll also say I prefer adding TKR over Melvin as well but I know how Coach feels about Melvin.
-
Mel was just granted a preliminary injunction and is eligible for the time being. Council must draft an order and give to the NCAA by October 27th.
Whoa, I wasn’t really expecting this outcome, it’s not final though
-
Scholarship situation would work itself out I’m assuming. I can’t imagine Self is going to let that stand in the way of having all 3 guys if that’s what ends up being possible
-
Having all 3 in theory raises the ceiling/ floor of this team considerably. I’m just not sure how all the parts will fit especially with where White and TKR would play. White probably isn’t a 2 guard but that’s probably where you slot him. TKR isn’t really a true 5 but that’s where you need him most. No idea what Stokes real position is in College but I’m expecting it’s the wing? So many questions. The sooner you get the old guys practicing with the team the better. There’s going to be growing pains
-
@BShark said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
@TYOHawk The rules are all made up now. That said, I think Mel's case is very thin.
Enough to get the TRO LFG
-
@FarmerJayhawk They were smart to go back to NY apparently. Mel + TKR and let's just be the best team in the country.
-
I am guessing that this hypothetical would mean Atticus Richmond or Grant Mordini getting the boot? Or perhaps someone like Christian Reeves or Dennis Parker decommits because they don't like getting recruited over
-
Y’all fellas got it this year man. I don’t enjoy watching Melvin play basketball and I’m not trying to see Leroy and Tyran’s game altered like Darryn’s to make Melvin useful.
-
TRk has a Kansas email
-
Melvin Council has seemingly confirmed his intent to return to Kansas on his Instagram stories. He seems very happy to get the chance to return.