"Self discusses ‘Let’s just win today’" - Let's just puke!

• I feel sorry for Bill Self.

He’s still at the pinnacle of his career and now it’s become this -

https://www2.kusports.com/sports/college/basketball-men/2024/feb/22/self-discusses-lets-just-win-today-approach-in-modern-recruiting/

He deserves better. College basketball deserves better. Fans deserve better.

But reality is reality.

So now he’d rather have a 5-star 1-year player than a developmental 4-star player. We’ve discussed this ad nauseam before.

I only have one question left. What about PG?

Many of you have been up and down on Harris this year because Harris has been up and down. He’s not a scoring guard.

But is this the last time we get the services of a 4-5 year pg?

My only advice… we continue to find undersized, talented pgs that have little or no chance of jumping to the league early. Then we spoil him with PT, NIL $, and even throw in a girlfriend or two (haha). Anything to keep him here!

It’s no wonder college basketball is full of upsets this year and how few teams can win on the road. I believe if we had one or two more top-rate players, we would easily be on that top line this year. And don’t count us out in March! Even though we have little depth, at least we have some seasoned players, especially at pg!