Do we actually realize how far this team has come ?

• Boy did I ever really have a hard time sleeping last night, I was so mad / frustrated , still that way to a point this morning. Do anyone else realize how close we was from being 10-1 right now ?

I think that then I try any get logical/realistic with myself and begin to think- - -you know I tell myself , look how far we have come in what 2 - - -2 1/2 years ? Let’s take a trip down memory lane shall we ? Not that long ago when we were winless Seasons, or if we got extremely lucky would win a game we would think about a game well at least we kept our ass whupping under 35 points or whatever the outcome of the final score , that’s called compliancy or just not giving a dam and wondering. when Basketball started

So last Season we won SIX games - -SIX and people including myself were ecstatic well me myself for one was & I know there were others like me too. People slowly but surely starting gaining more interest, saying well maybe we can start being competitive in some games. Ended up what? - -6-7 we hadn’t won that many games in a Season for GOD knows how long , it was actually fun to watch again explosive offense

So now this Season rolls around and people saying OH we MIGHT win SIX games again , maybe, maybe SEVEN that’s it. - Well we have done that and that has been without our # 1 QB for what like 3/4 of the Season . On top of that we very easily could of been 10-1 - - -TEN 7 ONE if we hadn’t screwed around - -yet we STILL can end up - -9-4 counting the Bowl game I think Eight for sure is a very legit shot.

Ya remember back to the glory days of going winless - -one win Seasons , getting beat by 35 - -40 - -45 points a game on a almost regular bases and look where we are now. - -Seems crazy when you think about when if w won a game it was well we won one, to where were at now and NOW people are pissed even when we have won SEVEN games after before season started w were all jacked about the possibility of winning that many.

It’s good to be mad to a point yes - -it because you care about this team , School , We know we can play - w know we can compete - -nothing wrong with that, but w just have to stay the program. Remember where we were before Coach got here to where we are now. It’s a process but Coach has done a hell of a job in the amount of time he has been here compared to where we were. Goodness we got people hoping he DOES leave after the Season for Michigan State , that’s not happening people but to even mention that after a loss is a little extreme. Ya he leaves then look where we are at, good chance of falling right back in the cess pool. We got to trust the process/Coach. We all can’t be Coach’s on play calls, and yes we still have A LOT of work to do but dam we are sooooo much better the we was.

If I was K/State I sure the hell would be thumping my chest to hard talking shade when you just about got your ass whupped by a former walk on true Freshman walk on QB who was starting only his 2nd gae of his career.- - yes he made a couple of bad mistakes but he will learn , we shredded their so called incredible run defense for 234 yards - that’s pathetic on their part for how strong they are supposed to be. - Our future is bright guys just got to keep the faith. - -ROCK CHALK

• You’re right. Frustrating. Grr. I just hate losing to K-State… again.

However, I’m keeping the big picture in mind, which is that this team is so much better now than it was three years ago that I don’t think many would have believed it even possible.

Even holding that fact in mind, I hate this loss. It stings more than most.

But that pain is a symptom of a team who is playing meaningful games in November… and who is worth the investment of emotional capital.

The overall trajectory of this team suggests the best and the worst is yet to come. I say worst because improvement means enduring even more frustration: 9-2 teams in November are frustrated because they are just outside of the playoffs.

• It’s Kansas Football. Just enjoy that it doesn’t suck right now. It’ll get back to blowing once Lance leaves and then you’ll have no expectations to leave you disappointed. This is as good as it gets. KU is relevant.