Big 12 going to 20 Conf games in 2024

• But Yormark said that will change next season as the conference shifts to a 20-game conference schedule in the new 16-team league. There will be one “bye” week for the teams during the conference season. He said it was the number that was agreed to between the programs and the conference.

The conference certainly isn’t getting better with change. Downright Awful. Self even mentioned that it will change a lot going forward…

• Why did we agree to it, then?

• I’d rather have league games than games against Southern Montenegro. BIG has had a 20 game schedule for years and it’s great. But the additions to the league I agree weaken it.

• One kind of nice thing about the expanded league is that it’s a bit less likely to play opponents 3 times. There’s nothing worse than having to suffer those crybaby cyclones fans a third time in the B12 tournament.

• Self was not complimentary of this change.

• @Crimsonorblue22

Doubt they had a choice.

• Not a big fan of the huge (and watered down) big12. We aren’t going back to the big8 days so I guess embrace it until it gets blown up again in the next revolution when every team ends up in a single mega conference, then they split into 8-12 team divisions - and when that goes down the division KU ends up including all our old rivals. lol big 100 year circle jerk just to end up back where you started.

• A little bit off this topic here but I heard last night where just another way out eliminating the little school completely out of the post Season. Yesterday they announced the NIT was no longer giving out Automatic bids. They are going to award invites for the top two teams from the P-6 that didn’t get the invite for the NCAA’s Tourney , then they will fill in the rest from at larges - -like they said just another way to put the screws to the smaller schools.