Tang Press Conference about KU Game

• @Woodrow

Seems like he got the message after Self talked about that in one of his pressers. Juan has only 6 fouls in the past 5 games in conference. Hopefully it’s not an issue again

• Speaking of walker and beasley, looking forward to see if Huggins steps up his game against Cincy with them coming into the conference, assuming he makes it that long.

• @approxinfinity said in Tang Press Conference about KU Game:

Speaking of walker and beasley, looking forward to see if Huggins steps up his game against Cincy with them coming into the conference, assuming he makes it that long.

I think Huggy about done my friend. - on their boards a lot of them saying Huggy doesn’t make adjustments , - all he does is sit on his Stool. - -I like Huggy really dry sense of Humor but he has done ell

• Saw a report that Tang was up on a table during the court storm trying to stop yet another F KU chant. Like the guy but don’t think he will be there long.

• Go to the 2:30 mark in this -

Tang speaks of converting KSU fanbase to love KSU instead of hating us and other teams.

He’s a first class man and I appreciate him and his bold effort. Hope it works because the world needs to start thinking this way about everything.

Postgame… he kept up the love…

• @drgnslayr I feel like you’re slipping over to the dark side…

• @nuleafjhawk

ha…

I used to date a Mizzou girl.

I’m surrounded by Wildcats.

I hate no one. Luckily…

Would I like to kick KSU’s ass on the court when we meet in AFH? What do you think?

It’s easy for us to focus on how bad the kitty crowd is… you can always find negative stuff online. I don’t have the option nor the desire to live in a bubble.

I like having KSU become competitive again… especially with a guy like this that brings class to a program that was void of it with Weber.

If he can’t sell his message to KSU fans then he’ll be gone to another school who will, and will build a winning program there. I love how he put their fanbase on notice. Let’s see if the purple kitties can rise to the occasion!

• @drgnslayr I’m having to re-think my whole life the past couple of days. I thought I was a good person, but there is no scenario where I want K-State to excel at anything.

• @nuleafjhawk me either, I try to stay in the closet about it with my ksu friends.

• @Crimsonorblue22 OK. Pinkie swear you won’t tell anyone. I listened to a couple of minutes of Jerome Tang’s post game interview and had to shut it off. I was starting to like him a little.

• lol… come on!

• KSU fans have a severe inferiority complex and it has stunted their growth. I grew up surrounded by mostly KSU fans (70/30 ksu KU split) and it wasn’t until I arrived on KU’s campus that I began to understand what it’s like to be a good fan. Our HS fans acted like KSU fans, only we were pretty good - won state once while I was there two 4th place finishes - they were passionate, but classless. It’s embarrassing the way they carry themselves. Thankfully I got to experience a better crowd and fanbase during my impressionable, formative years and I didn’t turn into that kind of person/fan. It’s sad in many ways that they don’t see it; there are some great people that act like total jerks about kids games.

• @dylans

I confess that my time at KU was often spent retaliating against KSU students. It was a looooong time ago.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I’m curious if Tang can help them turn the corner on their inferiority complex. I thought it was huge when he called them out for giving us way too much free space in their consciousness. That took some big balls for him to do it and it pissed off some of their base. Tang is a spiritual-based guy who operates in the clouds. I am curious if it works!

Can Tang kill the “F KU” chant?

Because I am based in spirit and optimism I vote “yes.”

How about all of you? Faith in another part of our state? Let’s hear it…

YES or NO

• No! Many of them already said so. I think it was probably adults that wanted it stopped. They don’t realize what a good man they have.

• not gonna happen.

• Okay… that’s 2 nos and 1 wishful thinking… lol

Caught this on KUSports:

"Wilson also showed his poise and perspective in the postgame presser by answering every question in a thoughtful and pensive manner and without so much as a hint of a scowl on his face. ’

I look at JWil and I see a man, not a kid in college. He’s got such a winning attitude. A+!

• @drgnslayr F-NO

• Tang Update:

tangcomment.jpg

I found out from a KSU alumni… Tang isn’t just a brave soul out there by himself. The administrative body at KSU is letting Tang handle it his way for now and if he can’t stomp it out entirely they will put teeth into a ban. Other schools have stepped up and done this before.

Two corrections to Tang’s statement:

“I really wanted them to understand that we don’t have to degrade the other team.”

Well… the entire world sees this differently. The chant self-denigrates KSU!

“We can dislike them…”

How about showing respect? You want to be on our level… show some respect and start earning “mutual respect!”

• Twitter showing KState fans for who they are and telling Tang to just worry about coaching. Those idiot fans are going to run him out of town first chance they get when things go a little sour. They’re Nazareth and Jerome is Jesus. If you’re unfamiliar when Jesus went back to Nazareth, the town he was raised in they rejected Him and the people ran him out of town to throw him off the nearby mountain and he did one of His miracles and just walked through them. He said He’d never go back there again.

• Absolutely not. Hating KU is such a big part of KSU’s identity it’ll never stop. They’ve taken away even the Wabash at times and they still do it. It’s just as big a part of KSU as the color purple.

• @wissox said in Tang Press Conference about KU Game:

…to suggest he’ll leave because of KState fans is kind of ridiculous.

You sound like you might have changed your mind about this?

• I posted somewhere about kshsaa is wanting it stopped. How can they have anything to do with it?

• @wissox said in Tang Press Conference about KU Game:

Twitter showing KState fans for who they are and telling Tang to just worry about coaching. Those idiot fans are going to run him out of town first chance they get when things go a little sour. They’re Nazareth and Jerome is Jesus. If you’re unfamiliar when Jesus went back to Nazareth, the town he was raised in they rejected Him and the people ran him out of town to throw him off the nearby mountain and he did one of His miracles and just walked through them. He said He’d never go back there again.

You should write a weekly column. As they say, you have skills!

• @DanR Ahh, good catch! When I wrote that it was before Tuesday night happened and before I saw anything on twitter.