Big 12 Awards

• This afternoon, the coaches Big 12 awards/honors were announced.

Player of the Year: Ochai Agbaji (KU)

Defensive Player of the Year: Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua (Baylor), Moussa Cisse (Oklahoma State) and Gabe Osabuohien (West Virginia) in a 3 way tie

Freshman of the Year: Tyrese Hunter (Iowa St.)

Newcomer of the Year: Izaiah Brockington (Iowa St.)

Coach of the Year: Scott Drew (Baylor)

1st Team All Big 12: Ochai Agbaji (Kansas), James Akinjo (Baylor), Izaiah Brockington (Iowa St.), Nijel Pack (Kansas St.), and Bryson Williams (Texas Tech)

2nd Team All Big 12: Timmy Allen (Texas), Christian Braun (Kansas), Adam Flagler (Baylor), Mike Miles (TCU), Taz Sherman (West Virginia)

3rd Team All Big 12: Avery Anderson (Oklahoma St.), Marcus Carr (Texas), David McCormack (Kansas), Mark Smith (Kansas St.), Jalen Wilson (Kansas)

I’m not going to list all the Honorable Mention players, but Dejuan Harris is on that list.

All Big 12 Defensive Team: Moussa Cisse (Oklahoma St.), Dejuan Harris (Kansas), Markquis Nowell (Kansas St.), Gabe Osabuohein (West Virginia)

All Big 12 Freshman Team: KJ Adams (Kansas), Kendall Brown (Baylor), Tyrese Hunter (Iowa St.), CJ Noland (Oklahoma), Jeremy Sochan (Baylor)

All Big 12 Newcomer Team: James Akinjo (Baylor), Timmy Allen (Texas), Izaiah Brockington (Iowa St.), Mark Smith (Kansas St.), Bryson Williams (Texas Tech)

• Not to many ou or Texas guys?

• Beard was wanting ramey on D team

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Big 12 Awards:

Beard was wanting remy on D team

I’m surprised Courtney Ramey didn’t make the All Defensive Team. I also would’ve voted for TJ Otzelberger for COY.

• I probably would’ve voted adams

I probably would’ve voted adams

Adams would’ve been my second choice.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 TT beat Baylor twice

@Texas-Hawk-10 TT beat Baylor twice

I know, but the reason I’d give the nod to Otzelberger over Adms is it’s more impressive to me to take a team that went 2-22 the year before to 20-11 and making the NCAA Tournament in his first year than taking an already good team that made the tournament last year and moving up the standings some.