2023 croots

• @jayballer67 said in 2023 croots:

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2023 croots:

On the board! Not done this week either https://twitter.com/mswain247/status/1534001198533120000?s=21&t=0hhZ-Z2dZdIkGwp1Ha6Fag

Ahhh Farmer , your a breath of fresh air. - must of read my mind. Was just wondering WHEN are we going to hear something - - anything good on the recruiting front for this tam. - Sounds god , hopefully maybe things will open up for us some - what you think ? - -Anyone else ? - Sure seems we after those safety’s

Farmer got a question. - with this new thing I think they put in place for what the next two yrs ? you know about the amount of Scholi’s and how it would help KU get to that 85 number. -Do you think that’s going to help us with more players yet in 2022 /

So is this right ? -probably not even close. But with this in place isn’t that almost like taking where there almost will be no LOI for these years because before didn’t we have a maxinmum of like 25 kids a year ?- -now hell if 30 – 35 kids wanted to come to KU and play then they can come can’t they ?- help us gte a full allotment of kids again

Yeah, I think we land a WR this weekend, then have a good shot at some DL next week.

You’re spot on, my friend. Getting rid of the 25 cap means we can get to 85 without any restrictions. I know we’re still going after guys for this year. We’re getting a JuCo LB on campus next weekend for a visit (I think we land him) and are trying to get in on this guy. I have some great insight into the Louisiana program so you can take it to the bank we’re trying like hell on him. https://ragincajuns.com/sports/football/roster/lorenzo-mccaskill/7932

We tried with some OL but one went to Tennessee, one to USC, one stayed in JuCo, one flipped to Oregon State, and another might also go back to JuCo. So it’s been a crap shoot.

The rule is also good for 2023 so we can take as many as we want for that class too.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2023 croots:

@jayballer67 said in 2023 croots:

On the board! Not done this week either https://twitter.com/mswain247/status/1534001198533120000?s=21&t=0hhZ-Z2dZdIkGwp1Ha6Fag

Ahhh Farmer , your a breath of fresh air. - must of read my mind. Was just wondering WHEN are we going to hear something - - anything good on the recruiting front for this tam. - Sounds god , hopefully maybe things will open up for us some - what you think ? - -Anyone else ? - Sure seems we after those safety’s

Farmer got a question. - with this new thing I think they put in place for what the next two yrs ? you know about the amount of Scholi’s and how it would help KU get to that 85 number. -Do you think that’s going to help us with more players yet in 2022 /

So is this right ? -probably not even close. But with this in place isn’t that almost like taking where there almost will be no LOI for these years because before didn’t we have a maxinmum of like 25 kids a year ?- -now hell if 30 – 35 kids wanted to come to KU and play then they can come can’t they ?- help us gte a full allotment of kids again

Yeah, I think we land a WR this weekend, then have a good shot at some DL next week.

You’re spot on, my friend. Getting rid of the 25 cap means we can get to 85 without any restrictions. I know we’re still going after guys for this year. We’re getting a JuCo LB on campus next weekend for a visit (I think we land him) and are trying to get in on this guy. I have some great insight into the Louisiana program so you can take it to the bank we’re trying like hell on him. https://ragincajuns.com/sports/football/roster/lorenzo-mccaskill/7932

We tried with some OL but one went to Tennessee, one to USC, one stayed in JuCo, one flipped to Oregon State, and another might also go back to JuCo. So it’s been a crap shoot.

The rule is also good for 2023 so we can take as many as we want for that class too.

Thanks buddy. I kind of thought that might be the case. Things sound good, l always look forward to your feed back. It’s good to have people like yourself that’s also invested to out other sport - - -Football , I’ve said this a 1,00 times but I 100 % think we picked the right Coach as the guy just oooozes class and confidence , I just feel as long as we can keep the jackels in line and give Lance the correct amount of time - -there is NO DOUBT that this is the Coach that’s going to get our program back to respectability. - - Thanks Farmer

• I’ll set the O/U on commits this weekend at 2.5

• We’re at 2 😎

• so who is the 2nd commit ?

• Tristian Fletcher. Technically he’s a 2022 JuCo, but he has 4 to play 3 so more like a HS kid.

• We might have gotten at least 4…

• Committing on the 1st. I like our chances. Us or Wazzu https://247sports.com/player/logan-brantley-46129353/

• You know after this past weekend feeling better for 2023. Had a really good weekend. -now we just have to hang onto them. - -We have another WR that we are I thik in good shape with - -talk is he may even announce where he is going today , if not today but soon.

Got a big time Rb coming for visit this weekend 2023 starting to look like could be good yr for us

Committing on the 1st. I like our chances. Us or Wazzu https://247sports.com/player/logan-brantley-46129353/

ya from what I’ve read and heard he is pretty high on Ku- -think we got a good chance here, like the way our 23 is setting up.

Read where we landed Kubecka today too that’s awesome

You know after this past weekend feeling better for 2023. Had a really good weekend. -now we just have to hang onto them. - -We have another WR that we are I thik in good shape with - -talk is he may even announce where he is going today , if not today but soon.

Got a big time Rb coming for visit this weekend 2023 starting to look like could be good yr for us

HS recruiting has really gone better than I expected so far. This staff can absolutely close the deal.

You know after this past weekend feeling better for 2023. Had a really good weekend. -now we just have to hang onto them. - -We have another WR that we are I thik in good shape with - -talk is he may even announce where he is going today , if not today but soon.

HS recruiting has really gone better than I expected so far. This staff can absolutely close the deal.

I agree, and we did get the wide receiver Kubecka - -sweet pick up. - hoping for good things from the RB this weekend. Another recruit announcing on the 1st of July either us or Washington st - -think you mentioned him though

I agree, and we did get the wide receiver Kubecka - -sweet pick up. - hoping for good things from the RB this weekend. Another recruit announcing on the 1st of July either us or Washington st - -think you mentioned him though

For sure. Yeah, that’s Logan Brantley. I’m 90% sure he announces for us.

• Farmer are we looking at possibly landing anything from this weekend from all the recruits that are here /

Farmer are we looking at possibly landing anything from this weekend from all the recruits that are here /

No 23 commitments are imminent as far as I know

Farmer are we looking at possibly landing anything from this weekend from all the recruits that are here /

well dam , that’s not the way it’s suppose to go lol

well dam , that’s not the way it’s suppose to go lol

Lolz. I feel good about getting Anderson and High. Jones too, but there’s some conflicting info about when he wants to decide.

• Looks like they wrangled the big Bear!

Looks like they wrangled the big Bear!

so your saying we lost him huh ?

Just the opposite my dude!

Just the opposite my dude!

ya I managed to see that later. - -Thats a nice pick up when he actualy commits. - -would love to get the Rb - -High also

• The really good back from derby went to Texas, ksu was really wanting him.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in 2023 croots:

The really good back from derby went to Texas, ksu was really wanting him.

He’s going to KSU. You might be thinking of Arch Manning?

KSU is going to have a heck of a class.

• Calvin Clements to Baylor.

• @FarmerJayhawk yeah I was wrong, don’t know what I read. Saw the signing of the ksu player. Dad was excited!

Update: he did!

Tht’s good to hear things starting to roll. -Would love to get the running back - - -High - on the roster. - - Chances Farmer ?

Tht’s good to hear things starting to roll. -Would love to get the running back - - -High - on the roster. - - Chances Farmer ?

He committed to UTSA today. Which surprised everyone!

He committed to UTSA today. Which surprised everyone!

ya I just seen that -thought what the hell, - -Sooo guess next best bet now is BEAR ?

• Ok Farmer , needing your input again. This Weisman kid the QB , Article says he is committing on the 12th of August , says he has been a long time target . Question is , what are our chances? - -OR do we really need him ? I’ve been reading posts on him off TOS . Do you think we have a shot ?

Also thinking kids name was Randle - what happened with him ?-- - --did he ever commit & where to ?

Ok Farmer , needing your input again. This Weisman kid the QB , Article says he is committing on the 12th of August , says he has been a long time target . Question is , what are our chances? - -OR do we really need him ? I’ve been reading posts on him off TOS . Do you think we have a shot ?

Also thinking kids name was Randle - what happened with him ?-- - --did he ever commit & where to ?

Got heeeeeem

• Well - - WE GOT HIM , just announced - - Kasen Weisman , great to have him on Board

Ok Farmer , needing your input again. This Weisman kid the QB , Article says he is committing on the 12th of August , says he has been a long time target . Question is , what are our chances? - -OR do we really need him ? I’ve been reading posts on him off TOS . Do you think we have a shot ?

Got heeeeeem

Yes Sir - - just watched his announcement. nice pick up - - Yet I think now when all said and done I think Easters transfers ya think ?

Got heeeeeem

Yes Sir - - just watched his announcement. nice pick up - - Yet I think now when all said and done I think Easters transfers ya think ?

If Vasko passes him I could see it. Or he might just want to play his 4-5 years and get a degree. We’ll see!

• Farmer , I don’t know about you - - what you might of been hearing but I guess Vasko has really impressed some people during Camp. - -Always like hearing that kind of news, have you heard anything ? I just think with Daniels , Vasko , & Weisman - -Easter just might be the odd man out. - these other three little more mobile, like Swain has been saying these three can make things happen on the move. - -Easter more of mainly a pocket QB isn’t he ?

• Hey Farmer what have you heard about this kid name of Jamill Croft ? – last name probably not right can’t remember his last name, come out of Detroit pretty prized recruit it said he was here visiting when we played Tenn Tech - he is suppose to announce Wednesday. - -Do we have any kind of chance on him or not ? - -what you hearing if anything ? - probably not much he has offer from Tennessee for one

• @jayballer67 gah sorry for being late to this. KU definitely has a chance but I’m not sure anyone knows where he’s leaning as of now

@jayballer67 gah sorry for being late to this. KU definitely has a chance but I’m not sure anyone knows where he’s leaning as of now

Well thanks for that anyways bud I think he is suppose to announce tomorrow . Would be a sweet PU

• Now guys I don’t know if we wanna try this kid again. Local kid for me from Topeka, KU had offered I believe as a WR - he wanted RB and committed to New Mexico State I think - -well now de-committed. His High School FINALLY won games this yr, Highland Park they are 2-0 this Season hadn’t won a game for years & Years before this anyways some stats from last Friday :

The kid’s name is Tre Richardson - -He Scored - - EIGHT TOUCHDOWNS last Fridy Scored all of Highland Parks points - - ( 48 ) last Friday

Rushing Attempts 11 -218 yards - 3 TD’s - - Receiving 5 - -251 yards - 4 TD’S - - & Kick off Return - - 1 - -65 yards - -1 TD

Not sure if we gonna even waste time with him again , still think if we do it’s still gonna be as WR , good talet , some eye popping numbers - - BUT just not sure

• There are some DUDES on campus for tomorrow’s game

There are some DUDES on campus for tomorrow’s game

Elmarko I beg Bill to close him.

• @BShark said in 2023 croots:

There are some DUDES on campus for tomorrow’s game

Elmarko I beg Bill to close him.

He would be a terrific get for sure.

On the football side, BJ Canady is the headliner. But also we’ll have a couple commits coming to town, along with Mason Goldman (OT), Aidan Beymehr (TE), Tyler Little (ATH), Buffalo Cruize (OT), and some 2024 guys that will be studs.

• Got a friend of mine that lives in California, and we got a commit from a 3* WR from the school in California that she has a nephew plays - -their family pretty up on things there and says KU GOT A STEAL in this kid. -Thing is I can’t remember his name will try to find. - - Sounds good to me

Edit on this , I looked it up. - The only kid from Clifornia we have gotten right now is listed as an Athlete his name is Surahz Buncom - -6’4- -hope they are right

• Huge weekend for the football program this weekend. - -Question one is for 2023 & one is for 2024. - -Farmer or anybody but question - - So Farmer , with our success , read where got some big timers really following us, one in 2023 for sure , kinda looks like we just might be back in the Picture for Randle ? - -you heard any updates – would love to land this kid still - -Then 2024 what is your thoughts on B J Canady the # 1 recruit out of Kansas in 2024 – kid is a stud -looks like we just might be in a realy good spot with him. - He is making his 2nd visit to Lawrence tomorrow - what ya think ?

Really like the looks of who we are recruiting - -one thing about it - - KU is not backing off the big timers - -not shying away at all - - gotta love who they going after

• Tre Richardson touched the ball 5 times last night - - scored 5 times – Highland Park wins 74-0 - - This kid needs to be on the roster, he wants to be RB - - KU has offered WR - he needs to wake up this could always switch later

• @jayballer67 BJ is a huge KU fan. Though idk how much that’ll impact his choice.

Nobody really knows anything on Randle. My gut says he ends up in the SEC but I don’t have anything to go on. I think he probably comes to a game at some point.

@jayballer67 BJ is a huge KU fan. Though idk how much that’ll impact his choice.

Nobody really knows anything on Randle. My gut says he ends up in the SEC but I don’t have anything to go on. I think he probably comes to a game at some point.

Fair enough - -I think we get Canady

• @jayballer67 I live in southern California as well this cat is a huge get