Man Hurricane headed this way , this sure doesn't sound good.

• I had been hearing about this , but actually saw this morning on Face the Nation , and then just read another article on the same thing tonight.

A Epidemiologist Michael Osterholm a leading infectious disease expert said that the deadlier British variant of COV!D-19 will become the dominant strain of the virus and could hit the US like a Hurricane 5 , warning America to brace for the spread of the Violent strain this spring say i ng this surge will happen within the next 6-14 weeks.

He is urging the New Administration to move faster to get as many people a possible vaccinated at least with their 1st dose especially for those over the age of 65 ( that would be me ) in order to try and stave off the worst exacerbation by variant - -he said - - - " THAT HURRICANE IS COMING "

British Prime Minster Boris Johnson has warned that this new UJ variant could be as much as THIRTY PERCENT ( 30 % ) more deadly then the original virus. Osterholm said that if the leaders in the US cannot stay ahead of the new more contagious UK strain , a DISASTER is bearing down in the form of a new and rapid surge of infections.

If we see that happen - - - - we are going to see something like we have not seen ever before in this Country.

The US has passed the 26 Millon mark and the Deaths are surpassing 440,000 BY FAR the Highest in the World according to Data gathered by John Hopkins

Guys I have tossed it back and forth about getting this vaccination BUT you know I guess I’m just gonna get it. I mean why take any unnecessary chances? - -Sure might have reaction - - there have been some but why look that gimp horse in the mouth, why take that chance - -be my luck if I don’t get the shot - - I get this UK virus why rush that ending you know

• I would get the vaccine.

• @approxinfinity said in Man Hurricane headed this way , this sure doesn't sound good.:

I would get the vaccine.

ya I have been battling with the idea, I told my daughter I was thinking about it and she says why? - Saying everyone she knows that has gotten it is almost instantly getting reaction but , I think it’s like looking a gimp horse in the face, I mean ya very well might be reaction BUT what if I don’t and then get the COVID. I mean I’m 66 going on 67 why take any un needed risk right ?

• @jayballer67 you might feel bad for a day, but it won’t kill you and it could save your life. Seems like an easy decision to me. I will be getting it when they allow me to.

• @approxinfinity I don’t understand why so many are opposed to a vaccine of any kind. Is it a religious/moral thing? I mean, I’m not a saint, but I’ve been saved for 30+ years and I have complete and total faith in Jesus - but I still take medicine when I’m sick. My wife takes medicine for her high blood pressure and cholesterol.

Is it a political statement of some kind? Is it just ignorance?

I’m 62 and I’ll guarantee you - everybody my age has been vaccinated against Smallpox. Oh - fun fact - NOBODY has smallpox any more. I read somewhere that more than 300 million people died from smallpox in the 20th century alone. Now it’s been virtually eradicated. BY VACCINATION.

• @approxinfinity said in Man Hurricane headed this way , this sure doesn't sound good.:

@jayballer67 you might feel bad for a day, but it won’t kill you and it could save your life. Seems like an easy decision to me. I will be getting it when they allow me to.

ya probably me too buddy

• @jayballer67 said in Man Hurricane headed this way , this sure doesn't sound good.:

@approxinfinity said in Man Hurricane headed this way , this sure doesn't sound good.:

@jayballer67 you might feel bad for a day, but it won’t kill you and it could save your life. Seems like an easy decision to me. I will be getting it when they allow me to.

ya probably me too buddy

Some reaction is actually good. It means your body is learning how to fight of the virus by fighting this non-infectious look alike. That way if the real bad guy comes along your body will be ready. Its like if basketball players didn’t feel tired after practice it wouldn’t have been that good of a workout.

• https://www.instagram.com/p/CKwj1LxLH2u/

Doesn’t matter which one you get. Just get one.

• @tundrahok said in Man Hurricane headed this way , this sure doesn't sound good.:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKwj1LxLH2u/

Doesn’t matter which one you get. Just get one.

Thanks ya got to. - - - - getting to old

• @jayballer67 Get vaccinated as soon as you can get it.

In a few months, younger folks are not going to be holing up and being super careful to help protect the more vulnerable, and it’s going to rip through the unvaccinated population at a rate worse than we’re seeing now.

• @DanR said in Man Hurricane headed this way , this sure doesn't sound good.:

@jayballer67 Get vaccinated as soon as you can get it.

In a few months, younger folks are not going to be holing up and being super careful to help protect the more vulnerable, and it’s going to rip through the unvaccinated population at a rate worse than we’re seeing now.

Agreed friend - -& like I posted this new strain is like 30 % more deadly