We have all heard that phrase - never happen to me. - - Well

• I know we all have heard this , said this at one point or another sometime during our life right ?

Well I was one of those guys my friends , Well I got a letter in the mail yesterday and it was from the Dept of Labor and it said: Mr Butler we have received your application for un-employment benefits , it is determined that your are not eligible for any benefits, you have the right to appeal. I told the wife - - -WHAT? - - WHAT ? - -i haven’t work since the fall of 2013 when I went on disability from multiple back surgeries , the last one putting me on the shelf for good.

Well so it is , someone has gotten my information and now identity theft - - GREAT. - -So I called the Topka workforce and was telling them she said I needed to file a fraud suit, she said she would get me the web site, while I was waiting I told the wife sounds like I’m not the only one - - She comes back on and says OH NO we are getting buried with Identity theft now.

So I spent most the afternoon making calls - - filling out forms and such. - -Had to get ahold of all the 3 major Credit Bureaus and they put a fraud alert on my credit. -Had to get ahold of Social Security , Had to get ahold of the IRS fraud unit - -just one huge pain in the ass. Needed to get ahold of the Banks. - Suppose to get ahold of the Credit Card companies

I guess bottom line my friends is - - just be careful just a bunch of idiots out here right now during our time of trouble - -HEADS UP it can and does happen alot. Stay safe my friends.

• @jayballer67 just one more thing to worry about right now. That sucks. Good luck getting it straight. Can take a while.

• @approxinfinity said in We have all heard that phrase - never happen to me. - - Well:

@jayballer67 just one more thing to worry about right now. That sucks. Good luck getting it straight. Can take a while.

Thanks. Got a lot of it done yesterday. Got my Police report Case number and they have started their investigation - I think in the end it will come out ok. - -Thanks

• @jayballer67 Yep - happened to me TWICE and about half of the people that I work with. I spent …7-8 hours online filling out reports, then another couple on the phone and made a trip to the local police station.

People are pretty awesome.

Actually, since this is probably going to happen to someone else here:

(Most of This is for Kansas residents) Have your employer contact the Ks Department of Labor Kansas City - 913-596-3500 Topeka - 785-575-1460 Wichita - 316-383-9947 Toll Free - 800-292-6333

In no particular order - Contact the Federal Trade Commission - ftc.gov - click on “identity theft”

Contact Social Security - 800-269-0271

Contact the IRS - 800-908-4490

Contact your Insurance Agent - Identity theft insurance is available for a nominal fee (State Farm is $25 per year)

Go to Equifax.com - click on “Add or Manage Fraud or Active Duty Alert”

Go to Experian.com - click on “Identity Theft Protection”.

Go to Transunion.com - click on “Add Fraud Alert”

Contact your Bank(s)

Contact your Credit Union(s)

Contact your Credit Card Companies

Contact the Post Office (see if there’s been any change of address requests"

File a report in person with your local Police Department.

I hope nobody has to use any of this.

• @nuleafjhawk said in We have all heard that phrase - never happen to me. - - Well:

@jayballer67 Yep - happened to me TWICE and about half of the people that I work with. I spent …7-8 hours online filling out reports, then another couple on the phone and made a trip to the local police station.

People are pretty awesome.

Actually, since this is probably going to happen to someone else here:

(Most of This is for Kansas residents) Have your employer contact the Ks Department of Labor Kansas City - 913-596-3500 Topeka - 785-575-1460 Wichita - 316-383-9947 Toll Free - 800-292-6333

In no particular order - Contact the Federal Trade Commission - ftc.gov - click on “identity theft”

Contact Social Security - 800-269-0271

Contact the IRS - 800-908-4490

Contact your Insurance Agent - Identity theft insurance is available for a nominal fee (State Farm is $25 per year)

Go to Equifax.com - click on “Add or Manage Fraud or Active Duty Alert”

Go to Experian.com - click on “Identity Theft Protection”.

Go to Transunion.com - click on “Add Fraud Alert”

Contact your Bank(s)

Contact your Credit Union(s)

Contact your Credit Card Companies

Contact the Post Office (see if there’s been any change of address requests"

File a report in person with your local Police Department.

I hope nobody has to use any of this.

Very useful info , thanks for the info. Got most of this done but always helpful and needed information.

More and More of this going on right now because of the COVID and people being un-employed. Just sad