Marcodamus here!

• Man, remember like it was yesterday (was it?). I was and still am very excited about this team. We can do this! It would have been interesting to see how McBride and Wilson would have fit in.

• I’m excited too! But very guardedly. Too many letdowns since I’ve been a fan.

• @Marco I don’t generally think too much about players that outright quit because they didn’t want to fight for minutes.

Wilson would probably be getting reserve minutes, maybe better than Tristan.

• How about Grimes If he stayed?

• @Bosthawk Say goodbye to the number one defense.

• @Bosthawk I’d much rather have Wilson healthy than have Grimes on this team. He’s shooting the ball worse from 3 and averages 3 points more per game than last season. But he’s shooting the ball 3 more times a game. He seems a bit more engaged defensively but I don’t see him getting a ton of minutes if he was here.

• @wissox I’m the same exact way, I don’t get excited til the elite 8 game. We have had realistically 10 teams in my lifetime that had the ability to win a title IMO. We have 1 in that same time frame. I like this team, I still believe defense wins championships. This team arguably the best defensively Self has had. But we still have flaws, last night we definitely saw some of those. If that was a second round NCAA game at a neutral site, we probably lost. As good as we are defensively we struggle mightily guarding the 3 ball. Some of its Selfs philosophy, he believes the 3 is fools gold. I’d rather give up a contested 2 than an open 3. We do have the line moving back and teams overall shooting at a lesser percentage working for us. I love this time of year but I’ll stay reserved for awhile yet. I feel like our fan base is super cocky right now and when that happens it spells trouble in tournament almost everytime.

• @kjayhawks I start getting excited about a month before late night…

• @dylans I have been less excited this season than any other that I can remember to be honest. I had a rough year in 2019 personally, that coupled with the NCAA NOA had tampered me a fair amount.

• Got to say I’m pretty stoked this year about this team… and also the lack of other strong teams out there.

Yea it’s all a crapshoot who is hot on any given Dance night, but I really like our chances. Especially given how this team looked in May last year.

• One other thing getting back into defense and Self being set in his ways is going under ball screens on shooters. I love coach Self but some times I believe he’s too set in his ways. We seen it this year when he continued to start 2 bigs tho it got us in a hole almost every time. Going under ball screens doesn’t work, you can’t give a shooter a clean look at the hoop. It’s not 1994 anymore, multiple guys can hit a 25 foot jump shot at a 40% clip these days. It lead to some open shots last night. It was absolutely killer vs Michigan and VCU in the NCAA tournament. I’d love to see us not do this so often.

• @kjayhawks no doubt! It’s been fun seeing us play defense again this year.

• @BShark said in Marcodamus here!:

@Marco I don’t generally think too much about players that outright quit because they didn’t want to fight for minutes.

Wilson would probably be getting reserve minutes, maybe better than Tristan.

I feel the same way. I thought that the guy had a real chance to contribute. Where did he go, Arkansas?