Marty Ball

• Banned

I’ll keep it short. Doesn’t the Titans remind you of Marty ball?

• Do they have an infinite number of guaranteed 4 yard play calls for 3rd and 5 situations?

Otherwise… pound the big guys, Barry Word/Christian Okoye mindset, definitely. Prevent (you from winning) defense late in games, I hope so.

• @DoubleDD Marty ball worked pretty good for a few seasons with Marcus Allen. Just didn’t have the QB play when Montana was hurt and then left. Steve Bono was average at best.

• And the Chiefs began the weird 49ers QB retread cycle. 4 of the suckers. Really strange.

Thank goodness they finally drafted a QB in the first round!!!

• @dylans the chiefs management made the same mistake year after decade after decade with QB. Quite possibly one of the stupidest moves in sports history on repeat, let’s trade or sign a career back up /guy that has been benched. He’ll be great here!! They literally did this from the mid 80s all the way up to drafting Mahomes. Steve Deberg, Joe Montana, Steve Bono, Elvis Grabac, Rich Gannon, Trent Green, Matt Cassel and Alex Smith. That’s just off the top of my head, the guy they drafted was Croyle which was insanely stupid in itself. Dozens of solid and even great QBs the chiefs passed on over the years. The only ones I give them a pass on is Montana and Gannon. But they weren’t smart enough to keep Gannon once he came into his own. People forget he won MVP in 02, while the chiefs stuck with Grabac throwing to the wrong team repeatedly and an average older Trent Green.

• @kjayhawks Oh I remember. I was at my first Chiefs game (pre-season yuck) and Grbac was QB. Dude called a timeout with 40 seconds left on the clock and 30+ on the game clock to set up a half time field goal. Needless to say the other team immediately came down the field and scored with the time he gifted them. He was totally clueless.