Meacham Out

• Woodrow said:

It really hasn’t even been that close of a game. WVU blocked a FG for a TD in the first half. Clones defense has dominated.

Yep.

I knew WVU was really suspect after KU played them lol.

Also ISU is actually really good. Just happened to lose to a couple really damn good teams by 10 and a tough close game to TCU.

• Big 12 is not making the playoffs this year.

• We knew that when OU lost. UGA getting pounded today is interesting for the playoff.

• If Texas won out they would be in it. Going to be ranked 5 or 6 in the next poll.

• If OU won out and beat a top 5 team in Texas in the Big 12 championship they’d still be in the mix.

Bama and Clemson are pretty much in barring a huge upset.

• Big shake up this week in CFB, I wouldn’t bet on a B12 team making it but if OU or Texas win out they should at least be in the conversation. Hopefully 2 SEC teams don’t get in this year, which I think is likely at this point because every SEC but Alabama already has 1 loss to date. Notre Dame will get in if they go unbeaten, I don’t believe they have a good enough schedule to get in with a loss. I actually think there is a chance the B10 loses out once again on CFB, all of the West teams are out and only OSU and Michigan have a chance. They meet in the last game of the regular season, at point with OSU’s big wins being Penn State and TCU who now look mediocre, they can’t cant afford a loss if they want to get in IMO. I’d say Alabama, Notre Dame and Clemson looking at schedules are the best bet to be in at this point. The fourth team could be anyone’s guess at this point, if OSU loses to Michigan or in the B10 title game I don’t think their conference is strong enough to warrant them getting in and that I think opens the door for a 1 loss B12 or SEC team. Obviously if OSU wins out they’ll be in. I just ain’t sold on them to this point.

• @Woodrow Texas would still need help even if they won out which I don’t see happening. They’ll still need Geogia, Florida, LSU, and Michigan to drop a second game. If any of those teams finish with 1 loss (meaning they win out), they’d all be ahead of Texas in final rankings. Texas also needs UCF to lose, they need Colorado to lose, they would need Ohio St. to lose, and they need Notre Dame to lose, probably twice depending on who the loss is to.

Texas still has a lot of work to do because there’s other teams behind them with much harder schedules left that can jump them (or end up undefeated like NC State). I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Texas only moves up to 7 and both Michigan and LSU jump them this week.

• @kjayhawks If LSU wins the SEC and Bama finishes with 1 loss, they’ll both be in the playoff. Same deal if a 1 loss SEC East representative beats an undefeated Bama in the SEC title game. Alabama has to lose twice unless Clemson, Ohio St., and Notre Dame all won out which would put a 1 loss SEC champ in with 3 undefeateds.

• I think the CFP is going to end up being undefeated Alabama, Ohio St., UCF, and a 1 loss Notre Dame with Alabama and UCF in one semifinal and Ohio St. and Notre Dame in the other semi final.

Laugh all you want about UCF, they survived a horrible weather game today and have the schedule at the end of the season to boost their resume big time. UCF ends their season against a Cincinnati team that will either be 10-0 or 9-1 depending on their USF match up. They end the regular season against USF that will at worst be 9-2 going into that game and possibly 11-0 if they beat both Houston a d Cincinnati which would likely have them hovering near the top 10. Their AAC title game will likely be against a Houston team that should be 10-2 at worst, possibly 11-1 if they beat USF which I think they will and would be solidly in the top 25 at that point.

UCF is most likely ending their season against the other 3 best teams in their conference which will all likely be ranked at the time they play UCF and a couple of those teams may well be top 15 at the time of those games. UCF has the schedule set up perfectly for them to get in the playoff if some losses by other teams happen.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Colorado is getting hammered right now and they are ranked 19th, they have zero shot at the CFP after they lose tonight. Texas is ranked several spots ahead of some the teams you mentioned so with out them losing again it’s tough to say those teams would jump them. Texas is at number 9 currently tho it isn’t the CFP ranking but usually they are pretty close. Numbers 2,6,7 and 8 all lost today I bet Texas is 6th or 7th in the next poll. LSU could jump them but I bet they lose on the road to Alabama. Texas is a national brand and has a huge following, if they are in the debate they’ll get in so more money can be made.

• @kjayhawks I posted about Colorado before that game got going so that’s an important piece of the puzzle out of the way for Texas and OU because now the P12 is out of undefeated teams.

I still stand by my statement that some of those teams currently behind Texas would jump ahead of Texas like LSU and Michigan both did today. These are the teams that I think would jump Texas should they win out. Georgia, Oklahoma, UCF, Florida, West Virginia, Kentucky, and NC State.

Obviously not all of those teams will win out because 3 of them are in the SEC East and Georgia has yet to play either one of them. If Georgia goes into the CFP discussion with the lone loss, that means they will have beaten Florida, Kentucky, and either Alabama/LSU in the SEC title game. That would jump them over Texas. A 1 loss Florida would have wins over Georgia, at least 1 against LSU (possibly 2) or Alabama in the SEC title game. A 1 loss Kentucky would have wins over Florida, Georgia, and either Alabama/LSU. OU and WVU would both jump Texas if they won out because it would mean they beat Texas along the way most likely unless Texas falters before the B12 title game in OU’s case. If NC State wins out, they’d be 13-0 so they’d end up ahead of Texas and I’ve said my piece on UCF and how their schedule likely sets them up at the end of the season.

Honestly, I don’t see Texas winning out to begin with. I see them dropping 1 maybe even 2 more games if they make the B12 title game. I think they lose in Lubbock and if the make the B12 title game, I think they lose to OU.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 there are a ton of scenarios for sure, I honestly think OU wins out but I’m not sure it’s enough to get in but who knows. Also LSU and Bama have to play yet as does Ohio State and Michigan so those are 2 chances to move up for both OU and Texas. I honestly think UCF slips up this season and that would eliminate them.

• @kjayhawks A lot of the CFP scenarios depend on what happens in the SEC because there are still 5 teams in the picture. The loser of the UGA/Florida game in 2 weeks is done. If Georgia wins that one, then the play at Kentucky the following week and loser of that game is done. The UGA/UK game is the same day as the LSU/Alabama game and if LSU loses, they’re done. Alabama would still be in the mix at that point if they lost, but would need an OSU/Clemson/ND loss as well to get them back in the top 4.

Notre Dame is the only other of the current undefeateds that could take a loss and not be done in the CFP race because their schedule is strong enough to take a loss and not be done.

I think CFP ends up being 13-0 Alabama as the 1 seed, 13-0 Ohio St. as the 2 seed, 11-1 Notre Dame as the 3 seed, and 13-0 UCF as the 4 seed. I think the other teams in the discussion would be a 12-1 Oklahoma, 12-1 Clemson and 12-1 Oregon.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

I just don’t sec UCF getting in unless there are no other unbeaten or one loss teams left which is unlikely; the rest of its schedule is fairly pedestrian with no opportunity for a signature win. No question it is a very good team but lack of affiliation with a P5 conference will not help. Notre Dame is an independent with no P5 conference affiliation but it has a considerably tougher schedule plus tradition and a huge following which the NCAA wants for all the major bowls which UCF cannot match.

• @JayHawkFanToo Go look at their schedule again. Cincinnati, USF, and likely Houston in the AAC title game. Cincy will be either 10-0 or 9-1 when that game happens. USF will be somewhere between 11-0 and 9-2 when they play UCF. Houston will likely be either 11-1 or 10-2 in the AAC title game match up. USF and Cincy are both ranked now and UH will likely be ranked by the time the AAC title game rolls around. Ending their season against 3 straight ranked teams will be a statement for UCF and be enough to get an undefeated UCF ahead of quite a few 1 loss teams.

They do need some upsets to happen, but I think those upsets will happen and get UCF in as the 4th seed.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 uou keep touting these games with just looking at the opponents record. When actually none of the teams are very good. For instance Cincy is a 3.5-4 point underdog at Temple this week who is 4-3. Cincy is not any good. Just because you are undefeated when you haven’t played anyone doesn’t make you good.

Temple has lost to Villanova and Buffalo. Temple is not good and is favored by 3.5 over this Cincy team you keep referencing.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

The opponents you mentioned play in a conference that is not that good so their records are good but against weak competition. Short of a meltdown of a whole bunch of teams UCF will be left out again.

• Interesting, ESPN’s playoff predictor says the SEC has a 96% chance to land a team in and a 26% chance to get 2. The big 10 has a 88% chance to get in and a 11% chance at 2 teams in. The ACC has a 83% chance to get one team in and a .3% chance to get multiples in. The Big 12 sets at just 25% to get in and a negative chance for more than one. The Pac 12 is at a 5% chance to get in. I’m a little surprised the B10 is ahead of the ACC, the B10 didn’t have a very good non conference resume as a whole and they have a single unbeaten team left while the ACC has 2. That and Ohio State’s big wins aren’t near as big as when they won them, TCU has fell of a cliff to this point and Penn State has 2 losses, with more likely coming.

• @kjayhawks Big 10 still has 2 legit playoff contenders in Ohio St. and Michigan. The ACC has 1. NC State may still be undefeated, but they aren’t winning out. 1 loss by Clemson with their weak schedule very likely eliminates them.

• @JayHawkFanToo and @Woodrow I think enough teams lose to get UCF in as the 4 seed.

I think Clemson will drop one and their schedule is weak enough they won’t be able to take that loss.

I think Notre Dame will drop one, but their schedule is strong enough to take a loss.

I think LSU loses to Bama for their 2nd loss.

I think Michigan takes their 2nd loss against Ohio St.

I think Texas drops at least 1 more game, probably 2 and ends up with 3 losses.

I think Georgia takes their 2nd loss against Alabama in the SEC title game.

OU is a wildcard to me. That’s the team that keep UCF out.

I think Florida loses to Georgia for their 2nd loss.

I think Oregon will drop one at some point for their 2nd loss.

I think WVU loses 2 more to both Texas and OU.

I think Kentucky loses to Georgia for their 2nd loss.

I think NC State will drop at least 2 more games this year.

Yes, UCF needs help to get in, but Alabama and Georgia can take care of a lot of those 2nd losses the SEC teams.

There are 3 teams in particular that UCF will be cheering against because those are the teams that can keep UCF put and that’s Clemson, Oklahoma, and Georgia.

Clemson and OU don’t have obvious losses on their schedule so those are the 2 teams that can really impact UCF and keep them out.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

IMHO, any P5 team with one loss will go in ahead of UCF, no question about it, a SEC team with two loses might even get in before UCF.

Today, I think Alabama is safely in with Clemson also fairly safe. Ohio State with a win over Michigan is also likely in. I believe Notre Dame is favored in its remaining games so barring a big stumble these are the 4 teams in. Teams like OU and Texas (even WVU) or Michigan would be first in line if they can run the table which are capable of doing. Georgia and LSU have outside shots to make it and if Georgia runs the table and loses a close game to Alabama in the SEC Title game it might get in ahead of UCF.

6-8 teams would have to badly screw up before UCF is considered. The only P5 conference that would not leapfrog UCF is the PAC 12.

• @JayHawkFanToo Your 4 teams include 3 of the 4 I think will be in. The only that I don’t think makes it is Clemson. And the ACC is a weak enough this year that a 1 loss Clemson doesn’t make it.

If Michigan wins out, that mean Ohio St. is out of the playoffs. That’s basically my logic in how UCF gets in the playoffs this year. So many of those teams still in contention play each other that they will eliminate each other from contention. If Alabama runs the table and wins the SEC title, every other SEC team will have at least two losses. If Ohio St. runs the table, every other B10 team will have at least 2 losses. WVU still plays both Texas and OU. At least 2 of those 3 teams will have multiple losses going into the B12 title game.

You keep saying it’s going to take a lot of 2 loss teams, and guess what? That will be reality because so many of those teams still have to play each other.

The two teams UCF really needs to lose are Clemson and Oklahoma. Everyone else they need to lose will eventually lose at least once more.

• This discussion is still silly. There are a number of 1 loss teams that get in over a undefeated UCF team.

• Ohio State just got destroyed by Purdue, it’s one thing too lose but a another to get spanked.