The conference race

• Here’s how I see things thus far…

We are tied at the top. With 3 other teams. All of which have played 2 games against the other top 3 teams. I’m not taking away from the fact that we are tied. But I feel in order to stay in the driver’s seat we simply must steal a road victory from at least one of these teams. Monday is a great opportunity. It’s not a deal breaker to lose even to two of the other top 3 teams right now. But it makes us have to rely on them faltering elsewhere. Which has happened during the streak before. So it can still be done again. But oh how huge would it be in Morgantown Monday… For the league race, for the teams confidence. Right now all that matters is the only capital in Wyoming… “W”

• The fact of the matter is that of our 4-1 record is we likely have just one vs a team that will finish in the top half of the league. Kinda like how I said the real season started with Washington with some of the big wins we had against inferior teams. The next 5 games in this conference (texas a&m is coming for the last non conference ) will tell us a lot about if we can win the conference. It all starts Monday in Morgantown and it ends with OSU In February. I like our chances if we can go 4-1 again but if we lose 3, which could happen it’s gonna be tough to win it. Obviously that is the half way point of the conference season but I don’t see a team with 4 or 5 loses to that point winning it, we know the wins at home aren’t a given this year as they have been in the past. Should be a fun race to watch.

• @cragarhawk

It is critical to hold serve at home and KU is 1 game down already, any road win against the other top teams would be huge.