Games Tonight (Dec 5)

• Who the hell told me these Huskies were no good!! ???

• Svi and Malik stink!

• Garrett should never shoot a trey.

Devonte injured something against Cuse and is about 3/4 speed.

• The Cobra is the only one that came to play.

• @jaybate-1.0 and he can’t pass

• Man our defense!

• It sucks … Home game at Kemper !!!

• Outcoached tonight. Plain and simple.

• @jaybate-1.0 Every year just like clock work, someone has a bad and they are hurt arrcording to you. Washington was more athletic than any team we have faced baring maybe a super young UK. DTG has played good for 2 whole games outta 8. Svi must be hurt he shot well under his average, Newman has been hurt all year I suppose too. Pretty much every tonight was hurt I reckon.

• 2-3 zone is Bill Self’s kryptonite. They looked horrible. Vick was the absolute ounce of life.

However, Washington experienced lightening in a bottle. They won’t do it again all year. Every damn team does this to KU. Teams play up and KU plays down. It’s amazing every year to watch it happen. Washington had to be that team.

• @Crimsonorblue22 What defense? It was anything but defense.

• @jaybate-1.0 Garrett has shown some flashes, but nothing that makes him anywhere near a freshman sensation. Graham may have one of the most inconsistent years at KU. Who is Newman? Hell…even Lightfoot showed some life. Doke looked panicked most of the game. Young may have been the best player tonight in terms of effort.

• Gawd, I’m SO pissed right now and Self better not come out with any of his stupid curt comments about the game. The HOF coach got his ass outcoached, sorry, but the coaching or scouting for this game was a complete failure.

• kjayhawks said:

@jaybate-1.0 Every year just like clock work, someone has a bad and they are hurt arrcording to you. Washington was more athletic than any team we have faced baring maybe a super young UK. DTG has played good for 2 whole games outta 8. Svi must be hurt he shot well under his average, Newman has been hurt all year I suppose too. Pretty much every tonight was hurt I reckon.

Every year I am proven right. Injury is always shaping outcomes and limiting options and forcing teams and players to play other than the way fans expect. Every year certain fans jump to reductive conclusions that the coach got outcoached, and nothing else was involved. Every year, certain fans confuse oversimplification with elegant explanation. Every year I go through this with someone.

I look forward to going through it with you this season.

Rock Chalk!

• @jaybate-1.0 no you aren’t proven right every year. You are excusing crappy play (plus poor game planning) for injuries. Its just flat out silly and is not a logical explanation for losses except where someone does not play. Ku beat themselves today.

• @truehawk93 recruiting and the fundamentals have been pretty poor the last four years. The type of players, not the rankings, has been off too. We need beefy, tough, defensive minded players who aren’t going to get bullied and won’t take crap. The last few years we have had mostly soft offensive minded players, and each year lost to the tough, defensive oriented groups. This years team won’t make the final four because they have little defensive ability and only want to shoot. As history has shown, that doesn’t work well in March.

• HawkChamp said:

@jaybate-1.0 no you aren’t proven right every year. You are excusing crappy play (plus poor game planning) for injuries. Its just flat out silly and is not a logical explanation for losses except where someone does not play. Ku beat themselves today.

Never. I never do that. Certain board rats just don’t notice my multifactorial analysis of the poor play, especially in this case involving the loss of poise and quitting, the latter of which is the absolute WORST kind of play.

I ALWAYS include most of the drivers of defeat, or victory, that I can think of. Injury often is a factor. But rarely the only factor. I may miss a few, and then other folks make the necessary additions.

But there are always a few reductive board rats that struggle with keeping more than one driver of outcome in mind, especially when disappointed with a loss, and so get their keyboards in a wad about one driver, rather than looking at the array of drivers I discuss.

• @truehawk93

This is one of those games where UW just shot better. If you think Self coached KU to shoot 25% from trey and 50% from the FT stripe, then he got out coached. Otherwise it was just a bad shooting night and this team isn’t big enough or deep enough to overcome 25% from trey.

• While Vick provided the bulk of the scoring he really should have had a lot more point. He was left wide open the entire 39 minutes he played and he could have driven to the basket every time and all the shots he missed were from well inside the paint.

• @JayHawkFanToo exactly. This one is on Self for not making Wahington pay for their gamble. Yes, they gambled. Hopkins must think Self is stupid or he wouldn’t have done that.

• @jaybate-1.0 nope. Rethink this entire post.

• @HawkChamp

Nope. You get on it. You will grow by doing so.

• buffer 1

• Oklahoma getting ready to play USC at 9:30 on ESPN2 - -should be a pretty good game. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Damn, between Oklahoma making 9 three pointers in the 1st half - -11 USC turnovers and Trae Young scoring 20 in the 1st half - -don’t think I’m going to like this kid very much. - Fortunely I think he is a OAD. - very legit. - -USC lucky they only down 12 at the half. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY