The Playah Evan Daniels

• Loves KU’s class already.

Evan Daniels:

Truth be told, with so few potential one and done players in 2018, you could pick a number of different classes for this category. I’ll go with Kansas because I think all three of their current 2018 commitments are very talented, but also each should be in Lawrence for at the very least a couple of years, if not all four.

Devon Dotson is a dynamic floor general that continues to get better and better. He’s made strides over the course of his four-year career and consistently progressed. He’s equipped to efficiently run a team and make good decisions, he’s become more athletic and he competes on both ends. Dotson is a nice fit for what Bill Self wants in his point guards.

Then in the paint the Jayhawks secured commitments from two top 50 prospects in Silvio De Sousa and David McCormack. Both are physical, tough and bruising post players that are productive in the paint. Neither are great scorers, although both are capable, where they impact things is with their energy, activity and rebounding. I think this Kansas class is set up for long term success.

I also considered going with Maryland, Notre Dame or Texas.

• So does Jerry Meyer

Jerry Meyer:

I like the Kansas class as far as having talented recruits who are likely multi-year college players. Devon Dotson is a five-star and tremendous player and competitor. He will remind Kansas fans of Frank Mason. They share the same qualities and a similar game.

And the two big guys - Silvio De Sousa and David McCormack - are ranked as high four-stars and project to be around Kansas for a while. They are both physical and talented players, custom built for the high/low attack that Bill Self loves to run.

• Like the sounds of this for sure. They both feel these guys are going to be multi year players. Big rough Physical players inside . I’m not really worried about them being really big time scorers inside myself - -if we can get them to put up 10-11 points a game maybe - -then 8-9 rebounds per I would be good with that. - -One thing this hasn’t lacked in the past few years is the options of scorers. - We don’t need HUGE numbers from them - just enough to keep teams honest.

Then Dotson - that’s my boy - -so dam quick and looks pretty fearless, loves to drive the ball. - -We add Grimes I’m going to sleep really good.

Like they said looks like we sitting up for some long term success . - This is the 1st time in some years isn’t it we have had this kind of early commit for some time right? - like possibly the last 6-7 years maybe? - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer54 said:

Like the sounds of this for sure. They both feel these guys are going to be multi year players. Big rough Physical players inside . I’m not really worried about them being really big time scorers inside myself - -if we can get them to put up 10-11 points a game maybe - -then 8-9 rebounds per I would be good with that. - -One thing this hasn’t lacked in the past few years is the options of scorers. - We don’t need HUGE numbers from them - just enough to keep teams honest.

Then Dotson - that’s my boy - -so dam quick and looks pretty fearless, loves to drive the ball. - -We add Grimes I’m going to sleep really good.

Like they said looks like we sitting up for some long term success . - This is the 1st time in some years isn’t it we have had this kind of early commit for some time right? - like possibly the last 6-7 years maybe? - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

The best part is they don’t need to be big time scorers next season. They can take their time and develop because KU already has a big time post scorer on the roster, Dedric Lawson.

• This class is shaping up to be one of Bill’s best. Love the combination of OAD types (Grimes, maybe Langford/Zion) plus program builders that won’t leave us scrambling for guys over the next few years. Bill’s more experienced teams tend to be the better ones anyway, so I could see a run like we had from 07-12 coming.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

This class is shaping up to be one of Bill’s best. Love the combination of OAD types (Grimes, maybe Langford/Zion) plus program builders that won’t leave us scrambling for guys over the next few years. Bill’s more experienced teams tend to be the better ones anyway, so I could see a run like we had from 07-12 coming.

18 + 19 has the chance to be a very special 2 class combination. Self can afford to be very choosy in the 19 class where KU seems to be quite well positioned.

• @BShark Exactly - -our frontline next year is going to be sweet - got to like it. And - - -And – -And to just play the what if a little bit - even though I still think he is gone - -BUT just what if per chance Doke DID come back - -mercy look out - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer54 said:

@BShark Exactly - -our frontline next year is going to be sweet - got to like it. And - - -And – -And to just play the what if a little bit - even though I still think he is gone - -BUT just what if per chance Doke DID come back - -mercy look out - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

I’d put Doke at 50/50. All depends on where he projects in the draft. He has a ways to go.

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

This class is shaping up to be one of Bill’s best. Love the combination of OAD types (Grimes, maybe Langford/Zion) plus program builders that won’t leave us scrambling for guys over the next few years. Bill’s more experienced teams tend to be the better ones anyway, so I could see a run like we had from 07-12 coming.

18 + 19 has the chance to be a very special 2 class combination. Self can afford to be very choosy in the 19 class where KU seems to be quite well positioned.

For sure. 19 is going to be a supplemental year. Go get JRE, Lawson, and Harvey first since they could be fish in a barrel type recruits. And you already have Jacobs, so that’s 4. Then shoot for an elite wing to replace whoever is at that spot next season.