Diallo addition makes Kansas the team to beat in college

• ****By Jon Rothstein | CBS Sports November 26, 2015 1:09 am ET

1. Cheick Diallo makes Kansas college basketball’s team to beat

The NCAA announced Wednesday the 6-foot-9 power forward will be eligible to play for the Jayhawks on Dec. 1, and his addition immediately makes Kansas the team to beat in college basketball.

I picked Bill Self’s squad to win the national title with or without Diallo, but his motor, relentlessness and ability to to run the floor completely changes the complexion of this team.

“His motor is as high as any big man we’ve had here,” Self said Wednesday. “But Cheick is raw. He’s really raw."

There’s no doubt about that, but he doesn’t need to be polished for this Kansas team to win the whole thing in early April.

The Jayhawks have veterans that have been through the gamut in Frank Mason, Wayne Selden Jr. and Perry Ellis, along with an improving sophomore in Devonte Graham that gives the Jayhawks another ball handler that can take pressure off Mason.

If you haven’t seen Diallo’s motor yet, think of a great white shark operating when there’s blood in the water – seriously.

Kansas was good enough to win the Maui Invitational without the hardest playing kid in college basketball. Imagine what it will look like when it adds Diallo?****

• @KUSTEVE Jay Williams also picked KU to win it all with Diallo. Can’t wait to see him play Tuesday.

• @DinarHawk I can’t wait either, think how diallo feels. No matter how he does, it will be awesome! Young man was absolutely given a raw deal-nice words! I just want to see him run. He’s free!💙❤🏀