Everyone's Super Bowl!

• image.jpg

I told you about my uni friend, here’s his pic. But… Guess where his daughter is going to school??? Yes! KU!!!

• @Crimsonorblue22 That is possibly the most obscene, vile, disgusting thing I’ve ever seen on this site. (puke)

The only saving grace is that the obviously very intelligent girl is going to KU.

• @nuleafjhawk Its that emoticon puking green stuff?

• @Crimsonorblue22 Does he have anything else like UNI conference championships hanging in his office?

• @JayhawkRock78 I don’t think so. He is from iowa, transplanted to ks. He’s a good guy, still sucks!

• I will say what I’ve said before. Championships are very special and worthy of rings, trophy’s, posters, shirts and hats. I was lucky enough to be part of that back in the day.

Celebrating one game? If that’s what mattered to me I’d be sad to think there wasn’t anything better.

• @JayhawkRock78 if you were that team(thank heaven you aren’t) this would be special to you. Kinda how the WSU fans are feeling! Wish I had nuleafs puking emoji here!

• I just looked it up. They were regular season and tourney champs in 2010. To me that is great performance. So later on they beat KU only to lose the next game. I get it they were thrilled to be in the spotlight and get an upset-icing on the cake so to speak. I will bet the players have a ring for the conference, maybe even a combo ring that says tourney too? if they gave them a sweet sixteen ring I think that’s a joke too. I was on three hall of fame track teams as in top ten finish in the NCAA championships. Never a ring or plaque for that-not even a T-shirt. We were second to UTEP one year. Nothing, nada, zip.

My mentality goes back to my high school and college days. Case in point I haven’t thought about this for a long time but I had something nearly identical happen in a head to head jump competitions. I can elaborate in chat if you are curious but the thing is, " the time I beat so and so" never had place in my conversations, but winning championships did, and that is everything to me. And that is all I have in my den, Our Big 8 championships for track… just 1988 and 2008 basketball framed pics from Sports Illustrated… No final four stuff at all, but I am very cool with them in the Allen Fieldhouse rafters. We all know there isn’t one banner in AFH that mentions another school. As for the high school championships those patches are in a box with my high school letter.

Come to think of it I need to honor the girls NCAA champs from a few years back.

• @Crimsonorblue22 just type type the word puke in parentheses. (puke)