Thought I'd stop by and say hi

• Hey guys, gals and KU fans. I can’t remember the last time I was on here, but now that it’s crunch time I thought I’d stop by say hi and try and catch up to what everyone is thinking.

Wow a lot of negativity with this team this year. Are we that spoiled that we don’t like this years team even though by Self’s own thoughts this team over achieved? Are we that spoiled by the past 28 years that we can’t handle having a team that squeaks by in winning games? Are we so spoiled by a team that keeps winning that we complain about the starters and the decisions that are made?

OK now I’m being the negative Nancy, but in reality this team reminds me of teams that have knockedKansas out of the tournament in years past. A team that doesn’t have a stand out superstar(I mean people complained about Wiggins being a superstar last year, and this year we are without a superstar), a team that plays sloppy and makes teams play to there level and not visa versa.

Yes I’ve been upset with a few loses this year, but some people on here either see the sky is falling or their use their venomous words make it sound like if they saw a coach or player on the street they’d read them the riot act. Remember, they are human and the players are kids playing a kids game.

I will be happy with this years team, they won games they shouldn’t have and have built a foundation for next year and for years to come for the program. OK i’ll be upset if we pull a Puke of Mizzlose as a 2 seed and get bounced in game one, but after that it really is anyones game.

Well I’m sure I’ll hear about this post and get piled on, but oh well…

Here’s to a run for the ages

• @JRyman not 5 minutes ago I was thinking of you. How are you? Nice post!

• @Crimsonorblue22 It’s been a rough go the past three or four months so I try and limit my exposure to tv, computers and smart phones. Living a life of boredom basically. Getting by and staying strong cause well that’s the way I was brought up.

How are you?

• Welcome back. My peace joy and love message from Monday night is spreading! See ‘Where 2 or 3 Jayhawks are gathered’ for my take on the same basic message.

• @wissoxfan83 I saw it, very well done. Just wish people could step back and realize how old these kids are. They aren’t men, they are boys becoming young men and in the public eye and on national TV. Can’t imagine the pressure.

• I’ve been a little harsh about the sloppy play and not blocking out for rebounds, but I don’t think I’ve called out Self or anyone other that getting on Perry for not dunking here or there. I admit I am disappointed when we don’t put our foot on someone’s neck when we have a double digit lead and let them come back. We can’t play two good halves in a row.

I do try to stay positive and give a shout out to players who have good games for us, which has pretty much been everyone from Frank Mason to Hunter Mickelson. I am extremely happy with 11 straight. The second loss to ISU this year bummed me out.

I DO think we go shafted in our bracket. I am hoping for two more victories. Concerned about our first game-WORRIED about our second. But maybe we really play a string of great halves back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back…

• @JRyman can’t complain! You still have friend w/kid in the relays? Working that again. Take care, check in!🙏💙❤

• @Crimsonorblue22 He’s a senior this year, I’m guessing he will run there again. He is going to run college in Vermilion SD on a full ride. He looked at KU, KSU, OSU, MU, ISU, Minn, NU and Iowa too, but non offered a full ride.

I’d like to get down there to the new track and check it out, maybe my daughter will run there in a few years, she’s a freshman now and did pretty well in XC and is looking at the mile and 800 this spring if she can stay healthy.

• @JRyman track doesn’t offer many scholarships!

• @JRyman

Positive thoughts to you hoping that you get to feel better.