Someone talk me off the cliff!

• @jaybate-1.0 Question … what Big 12 team has less talent than Kansas? Second question … what national teams other than UK, Duke, and Arizona arguably have more talent than Kansas?

The point of my questions are that Self isn’t doing anything that amazing, is he, with our talent level – on a year to year basis – in conference?

What I find amazing is how we match up in the non-con, and the overall level of consistency. The lack of the head scratching year. But it seems to me that from a roster standpoint, our roster is always the best roster of talent in the Big 12 – again why I look at other conferences where certain years talent levels might compete with us, like MSU, Ohio St., Duke, UNC, Louisville, UConn, Arizona, Florida, Syracuse. We never have a talent disadvantage, do we?

• @wissoxfan83

“The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, it’s going to give Cleveland State two more years’ probation.” - Jerry Tarkanian

• @HighEliteMajor

Good question.

Now that we lack Perry and Cliff, and Jamari plays on one leg, and Selden has never recovered from his knee, and Frank’s and Brannen’s wheels are so hobbled they cannot jump shoot effectively I would argue that everyone but TCU and TTECH have as much or more talent than we do.

Kelly is our only edge and his right knee is still sharply limiting him.

• @brooksmd There are thou$and$ and thou$and$ of reasons to run out the clock. His mother could hang him out to dry. I don’t personally believe that Cliff’s mother, without Cliff’s knowledge and consent, would take out, or be approved for any loan that involved his future earnings. I also don’t believe she would get a loan, and not share a large portion of it with Cliff, since he is the one that has to pay it back. If they go to the NCAA and share loan info, bank statements, and all the rest, it could be very ugly for KU, and very, very ugly for Cliff. I think we will see Cliff sit on the bench the rest of the way, and he will declare for the draft the second the season is over.

• @REHawk No pun intended!

• @KUSTEVE so Cliff is lying? How r u?

• @Crimsonorblue22 I’m doing better. Shot of predisone. Stronger antibiotic. 3 breathing treatments. Codeine laced cough syrup. I’m as good as new…lol.

As for Cliff, the only way anyone can get into any trouble is if someone comes forward. If Cliff had “knowledge” of the loan, then he could be considered culpable. It’s a similar situation ( imo) as Lance Thomas of Dook. He received $100,000 worth of jewelry on loan during their national championship year, it was revealed after he stiffed the jeweler. Now, the NCAA has no authority to subpoena people, or seize bank records, loans…etc. Lance wouldn’t cooperate with the NCAA investigators, and neither would the Jeweler, so it was dropped. As a KU fan, we all have a vested interest in this not coming out, because it would mean setting aside victories, conference title…etc.

• @KUSTEVE

There is no arguing with your logic. I just don’t see that loan happening without Cliff’s tacit approval…unless the family falsely represented to the agent that Cliff had approved, although it is hard to believe the agent would not verify.

I personally do not blame the NCAA, they were notified of a potential violation and did what they are supposed to do, investigate the allegation. The fact that Cliff’s family had retained a known attorney (he looks shady to me, BTW) before the information came to light and their refusal to meet with the NCAA makes me think there is foul play at their end

• I can’t envision this Cliff’s mess upsetting our apple cart of season wins…unless someone in the Kansas program was privy to Mom’s loan dealings from the getgo. And I do envision the NCAA revising and rewriting rules regarding such paperwork, but not in time for Cliff’s season to be saved (return to tournament lineup). That said, something tells me that Kansas might yet get Cliff back for the NCAA Tournament. Currently, too much silence on 2 of the 3 fronts…

• All very interesting views.

• @KUSTEVE about that drs bill— send the payment to me!! Been there to many times! So I guess you think Cliff is lying then. Coach backs him so we don’t get in trouble? Right?

• @Crimsonorblue22iI think Cliff went to his mom, and had her sign a loan for him. And he got caught. And the only way to make this go away is have his mom not cooperate with the NCAA. So, Cliff will be watching us from the bench, and will leave KU the second he is able, and go pro.

• @KUSTEVE do you think self knows? If he kicked him to the curb it would hurt KU? I think Cliff knew he needed to come back and that’s maybe when this blew up?

• @Crimsonorblue22

I think you might have come up with best explanation. He was involved in the loan early on when he thought he was leaving after one year but once he figured out he needed another year…“others” became impatient and the proverbial s#*t hit the fan.

• @JayHawkFanToo can he come back?

• @KUSTEVE Don’t let the NCAA find out about your drug use. They might find a way to sanction KU for fan drug use. Good grief this thing is absurd. However, I do thank Mr Stafford for his transparency. I think it’s sad the NCAA keeps people in the dark on these issues. Then, they wonder why people have such animosity and lack of trust for them on these issues.

[http://www2.kusports.com/news/2015/mar/12/attorney-cliff-alexander-says-freshman-waiting-nca/]

stafford legal.png

• @truehawk93 I’m sure you’ll refer back to the letter many times from now on. If I were you, I’d print it…perhaps memorize every word of it. It’s settled. The letter from his attorney makes it so.

• @truehawk93

Interesting letter head;

Problem Solvers

Attorneys and Counselors

I have dealt with many attorneys in my lifetime and I don’t believe I have ever seen a letter head like this.

• @JayHawkFanToo

Yeah… it’s strange and makes you wonder on the ability to counsel.

“Problem Solvers?”

I knew a guy who could solve your problems. Vinnie from New Jersey. Now that guy could fix any problem you could ever have!

• @drgnslayr Don’t confuse him with common sense. Remember, he has a letter from an attorney…

• @JayHawkFanToo are they 2 separate identities? Or one in the same?

• Better call Saul!

• Hey… what happened? My posts in here are gone! Vanished in thin air! A couple of them.

And I didn’t even cuss! $#*$%&#!!!

Okay… I refreshed my browser and they are back.

@KUSTEVE

College players aren’t coming from the real world. I never count on common sense. Or even sense. And attorneys have a one-track mind. Combining the two creates a situation where a guy without a clue connects with a guy with just one single answer.

• @JayHawkFanToo Yeah, I thought “problem solvers” was a bit odd.

• @Crimsonorblue22

Who knows…I haven’t seen anything like it even on late night class action ambulance chasers ads.