Even If KU Is a Minority of One, the Truth Is Still the Truth

• KU has played one of the toughest schedules.

KU is 8-1.

KU is 10th ranked.

Apparently strength of schedule doesn’t mean much any more.

Should KU have played cupcakes with one decent team, like the other top teams this season?

If KU had played cupcakes plus one, like the other top teams, KU would be 9-0 and have won by 15-20 points per game, despite being very young.

Their KenPom luck rating would have been the same as the other stacked teams, er, I mean the top teams.

KU would not be missing Devonte Graham, because that vast, 6-10 inch, 350 pound vat of cooking lard called Josh Smith would not have torqued Graham’s toe like a tank car being lowered onto Graham’s heel.

Bill Self would not have nearly infarcted several games.

Cindy Self would have had better dinner conversations.

Shay Zeng would have had undefeated basketball talk to paper over the Beaty hire.

Everyone would be talking about Self’s feisty Jayhawks not having played anyone, but being an underdog, and everyone loves an underdog.

KU would not have been stigmatized by being beaten down by the biggest apparent Nike stack so far in the apparent Big PetroShoeCo Era of college basketball–the reputed 10 Mickey D Nike-UK team.

Notice how the Nike-UK NBA holding tank players, er, roster players are never referred to by Big Media as “the 10 OAD/TAD Nike Leans?”

Its just not done in Big Media, like ranking teams based on their strength of schedule is apparently not done either.

It at least appears that the talking points are to call them Mickey Ds, perhaps to create some separation between Nike and UK, or for some other reason I cannot yet fathom, perhaps so noone one in the stands starts holding up signs asking why Nike-UK has so many more reputed, apparent OAD/TADs Nike leans than other schools, even Nike schools?

That would be most indiscreet, wouldn’t it?

Very bad TV.

You know what?

I say nuts to the lot of them.

Kansas is going to keep playing the game of college basketball the right way–the way it was meant to be played.

As KU fans we’re going to keep arguing over how to bite and scratch out another W often with less talent than the other guys.

We are going to talk about to trey, or not to trey.

We are going to bear the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

I am not going to worry about an apparent attempt at regime change in Chapel Hill hiding behind some reputedly 4 year old easy classes.

I am not going to worry about the longevity, or lack there of, of the right way.

“The arc of the moral universe is long, but no lie can live forever.”–M.L. King

“Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.”–Mohandas K. Gandhi

I have been to the top of the field house and I have seen the promised arena looking out the south windows.

I may not get there with you, people, but we as a basketball program surely will.

Until the powers that be outlaw playing it the right way, let’s play it the right way and beat whomever we can at the greatest game ever invented to help young men (and women) stay out of trouble and busy in the winter months by the father of our program–the inventor of the game–James Naismith.

We’re going to schedule real teams and the stacked ones, too.

We’re going to take on all comers, like college teams are supposed to do.

We’re going to beat them with real college players, when we can and take our beatings when the apparent talent stacking is just too XTReme to overcome with team work and toughness.

And when we play the likes of Nike-UK, which appears an XTReme Insult to the notion of a level playing field in college basketball, we’re just going to treat it as an exhibition game against an endorsement holding tank team, which it appears to be. We’re going to do our best and not worry if it isn’t good enough.

I like being 8-1.

I like it a lot.

And I like the right way.

Next.