My Question Now

• Not trying to overreact but will Elmarko still be starting against Eastern Illinois seems like a fair question.

• It’s who finishes, right? Self knows Mari is confident, not so much Elmarko, so I’m guessing he gives him another chance. Sure not who I think, but there’s a reason. Need to give time to furphy and Nick too. Not starting! They’re getting better.

• @Crimsonorblue22 exactly, agree. Mari has opened the door to serious minutes. Marko gets the Grimes treatment, starter all the way possibly

• Or would Mari still be better off the bench. That’s always been an interesting dynamic as well. I feel like I’d give give a chance to start. But they don’t pay me 13 million… 😉

• The main thing is he now values Mari.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in My Question Now:

The main thing is he now values Mari.

Circle of trust!

• @BShark said in My Question Now:

Not trying to overreact but will Elmarko still be starting against Eastern Illinois seems like a fair question.

iT IS A ERY FAIR QUESTION GUY - - -i THINK COACH WILL START HIM AGAIN , BUT i THINK YOU WILL SEE A LOT QUICKER HOOK IF HE ISN’T GETTING WHAT cOACH THINKS NEEDS DONE FROM HIM. - -i THINK WE ARE SEEING TWO BENCH PLAYERS STARTING TO COME AROUND A BIT - - sorry for ll the caps - -didn’t realize , but it’s been a ong day don’t feel like going back and changing now lol— sorry

• I think it’s important to remember that while we still have 3 key starters back from last season, the entire rest of this team is new to bill self and the system. We’ve known forever that it takes people different amounts of time to figure that out and get on the same page. Mari has an easier job off the bench. Bring energy. Play defense. Really that’s everyone’s job but it can be easier to play free when you know you aren’t being counted on to provide offense or ball control or anything else. I hope he leaves it how it is for a bit.

• Well, we pretty much got hosed with our starting two guard spot this season. Y’all know why.

The former player would have been a difference maker with speed and quickness on defense.

So, we are struggling to make up for that with inexperienced players. Elmarko seems like he has the zip to eventually fill that role.

But for the moment I’m totally in Team Jamari camp. I don’t think he’s got the quickness that Elmarko will show at some point, but he’s solid all around, can guard a few spots on the floor.

Timberlake gets mop up minutes.