White just tries so darned hard

• From kusports.com, quote Coach Self, “White excelling: Self is thrilled with the progress of sophomore Andrew White III. “He’s emerged as one of our best performers, without question, in practice. He’s always shot it good, but he’s more confident shooting it now. He’s one of our better rebounders, he’s one of our better runners in transition, and he just tries so darned hard all the time. Yeah, Andrew White has put him in position to certainly be part of our rotation,” Self said.”

Why did it sound like Coach Self was thinking about redshirting White, but White played himself into the rotation? After all, White, Greene and Frankamp were all eligible to take a redshirt year.

• I had Drew penciled in for the redshirt this year as well. It makes sense given that HCBS seems to prefer redshirting sophomores to freshmen. I believe he does so in order to let them see the court and have in-game experience before they even redshirt so they get more out of it. It’s looking more like Frankamp now. I expect all 3 will be excellent players when we see their whole KU careers though.