Don Jr Rising Republican Star

• For those who excuse Don Jr for “just being Don Jr”, the face of Republican corruption is alive and well.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/28/podcasts/the-daily/donald-trump-junior-campaign.html

Anyone want to take a guess as to what his political future looks like?

• Republican Party should go ahead and change its name to the Trump Party because that’s where it is heading.

If he wins in November I expect a Trump relative to run every four years for as long as they can.

• If Trump loses he’ll flame out pretty quickly. Americans don’t like losers.

• I don’t think his success is contingent on DJTs. It may save his career if it isn’t tethered to a disasterous second term. Then the loyal Trumpers will see him as a champion of what might have been. I think he’s positioned well to run after Trump loses.

• The party will move on. Probably to someone like Pence, Cotton, or Hawley. Nikki Haley and Tim Scott are in a very high tier as well. If Trump gets buried (too soon to tell) the party will dump him like a bad ex. The last two incumbents to lose (Carter and HW) were basically pariahs in their parties for more than a decade after their losses. Unlike Don Jr, W Bush actually had a real career and record of his own to run on, as successful businessman and governor of Texas. The sharks are circling around the Trumps in case they lose.

• Ivanka might be before jr. In her speech she acted like she had done much of the work, we we we. And I.