Stock picks

• Anyone here big on trading stocks?

Anything they love rn?

• I was about to start a thread about this a month or so ago. I am hoping there’s some others that jump on this and share their thoughts.

I invested some money in BP. So far we’re only up about $1.00 per share, currently at $23.13. A few weeks ago it was pushing $29 a share.

I wanted to do more in oil and gas and airlines but my advisor said that most companies I liked cut all of their dividends because they accepted that government loan, and it wasn’t wise (Exxon, Chevron and SouthWest for example).

Boeing looks intriguing but no one I know really knows stocks, myself included.

• Tbh I hate oil long term. The advances being made in solar and battery storage will render it useless imo.

Airlines are good if you’re going to hold them long, imo. But I get the short term and mid term reason not to.

If you’re interested in a small cap, I love AMRS. My lotto ticket pick.

I also like BUD and ABEV to bounce back.

ENPH is a solar stock to keep an eye on as well.

Boeing could definitely be a buy imo. Government contracts give them a solid floor. And once airlines bounce back they will be business as usual.

• @Kcmatt7 said in Stock picks:

Boeing could definitely be a buy imo. Government contracts give them a solid floor. And once airlines bounce back they will be business as usual.

That is exactly my thought too. Heck, even in a war Boeing will be in business. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. I wish I had the knowledge to contribute.

• I like some industries that are down right now (mostly entertainment and hotel/vacation type stuff). They are not making any money right now, so are falling, but will probably rebound once things can fully open back up, similar to air travel.

I made a bit earlier this year, but have mostly backed out of the market over the last several weeks while I wait to see where things end up. I probably won’t get back in for a few more weeks unless I want to buy and hold. Market is just too volatile right now to do much trading without risking losing your shirt.

• Magic cards and video games. STONKS.

• @BShark said in Stock picks:

Magic cards and video games. STONKS.

I love the stock market because you can invest in things you like/believe in…

• @justanotherfan said in Stock picks:

I like some industries that are down right now (mostly entertainment and hotel/vacation type stuff). They are not making any money right now, so are falling, but will probably rebound once things can fully open back up, similar to air travel.

I made a bit earlier this year, but have mostly backed out of the market over the last several weeks while I wait to see where things end up. I probably won’t get back in for a few more weeks unless I want to buy and hold. Market is just too volatile right now to do much trading without risking losing your shirt.

American Airlines has to take a 12% loan yesterday.

Not a great sign for the industry…

Yeah, I am still hanging on the sidelines tracking the market. Just about everything is down this week, probably more of the same for the next couple of weeks.

But at some point, things will start to rebound. The key is figuring out which companies in which industries will rebound best. And that is the challenge.

• I agree on long term oil, but short term OKE has my interest.

@justanotherfan said in Stock picks:

I like some industries that are down right now (mostly entertainment and hotel/vacation type stuff). They are not making any money right now, so are falling, but will probably rebound once things can fully open back up, similar to air travel.

Airlines need to stop being bailed out and allowed to fail and go under to force much needed change in the industry.

• As always, Wal-Mart and Dollar General are hard buys. As far as crystal ball? Look into buying pharmaceuticals, particularly now that there is a mad dash to develop a vaccine coupled with our finally understanding that it is not wise nor should we rely on other nations for our medicines. Also, though very expensive, Space-X.

• $AMRS

• I would put EVERYTHING in New England Wire and Cable. And buggywhips.

• AMRS