Wet dream or Nightmare?

• Careful what you wish for you just may get it. Tharpe is gone.

Self confirms Naadir Tharpe transfer

ESPN: Naadir Tharpe to transfer

With his mom in the stands for 2 games this past season Tharpe was National player of the week (that’s a pretty high ceiling). Tharpe at his worst was the cause for a few of my gut problems and a few of KU’s losses as well.

The players on the bench have much more upside, but little to no experience. The experience is going to come this year though. I am truly excited to see Frankamp get major minutes. I think he can take this team to a higher level than Tharpe could hope to and is more under control than Mason. I like Mason as a change of pace player and as the second ball handler on the court also.

Reading between the lines: Shaq Cleare signs with Texas (sits for next season) leaving one open scholarship and an one and done will fill that slot nicely without causing a log jam down the road. Tharpe’s transfer frees up minutes (and opportunity) for any other point guards. Hmm does KU look more appealing to Graham now? Was Tharpe told Graham is likely coming and will get his minutes. Has Frankamp or Mason come on strong?

Is it October yet?