Former KU players

• I don’t know if anyone else watched the Bulls vs Wizards game last night but if you didn’t Kirk had a chance to tie the game in OT with 5 seconds or so left. Well he missed the first free throw and of course TNT cuts to Drew giggling like an ass. If I’m Kirk I’d tweet his pine riding ass a quick fix to pick the splinters out.

Gooden stats: 2 minutes total last night.

Kirk played most if not all of the fourth and all of OT. 23 minutes total for the game.

I just hate to see one Jayhawk laugh at another misfortunes. Real D-head move.

• @Kip_McSmithers Last fall we had Jayhawk on Jayhawk crime in a game when Xavier Henry threw down on Jeff Withey.

That made SportsCenter

• @Kip_McSmithers

i understand… but they are playing in the “Me Me Me” league. Giving a guy a break because you played at the same university classifies you as a sucker.

Just part of the reason most people don’t give a flying fudge about these games which have the best players in the world.

Who cares what team wins it all? It’s just big business fighting it out for bragging rights and extra money.

If you want to discuss this further, you can come find me. I’m sitting at the great ball court at Chichen Itza… imagining a real sport. Let’s face it… it isn’t a real sport unless you can die playing it. When the NBA changes the rules so the losing team in the finals gets sacrificed to the sun Gods… then… then… I’ll start paying closer attention!

• @JRyman : Yeah I watched the replay on that. That’s all good in my book since they are both battling it out on the court.

But when Drew doesn’t need to wash his head band since he hasn’t used it all night and is acting like Captain Chuckles on the bench when his former classmate, teammate clanks a pressure FT I think he should have a little class and not laugh.

Agreed @drgnslayr , who cares about the NBA really? I only keep track of our former Hawks and hope they all do well.

• I’m sure they were cool after the game…that is a very physical series (any series involving the Bulls is), and Hinrich was especially fiesty last night. He got tangled up with someone towards the end of the 2nd quarter, and they exchanged some shoves and words. It got the Chicago crowd back in the game, since he’s probably their most beloved player aside from Noah. I’d like to think Drew and Kirk won’t ever forget their three years together at KU, and that it’s all friendly competition between them.

Speaking of Noah, we knew he was pretty good in college, but did anyone expect him to be as great as he is? I absolutely hated him at Florida, but he is a delight to watch these days. I don’t think anyone in the NBA brings as much energy as him, and you can tell it rubs off on the entire team. He’s also the best passing big man I’ve seen since Bill Walton, and plays superb defense. I can’t help but root for him.

• @Virgil_Caine : Like wise on the dislike for him while at U of F but putting that aside I really like his hustle. He’s a more talented version of our KYo. Gives 115%.

• Funny, I didn’t like Noah at Florida either-since I rarely watch NBA I don’t give him much thought. But I do follow our ku players when I spot something on Espn website.

• @JayhawkRock78 Noah’s dad wasn’t very dedicated to training, though very talented, competitive and charismatic. His son’s work ethic is all the more admirable.

• @Virgil_Caine

I agree on all your points. Kirk has been a fan’s favorite for a long time and they loved that he came back to Chicago. He did get a technical earlier in the game and was in some foul trouble, which explains his below average playing time.

• @ParisHawk That’s interesting. Good for him-I love people with strong work ethics

• It’s not basketball, but it’s still a former Jayhawk.

11 targets, 5 catches and a TD yesterday for Steven Sims Jr. He’s slowly become more and more involved in the Redskins offense and return game. A guy that deserved better in his time at KU, I really hopes he has a good NFL career.

• Poor Sims, stuck on the Washington racial slurs. Rough. Not quite as bad as the Hawks banished to Sacramento though.

• Kcmatt7 said:

It’s not basketball, but it’s still a former Jayhawk.

11 targets, 5 catches and a TD yesterday for Steven Sims Jr. He’s slowly become more and more involved in the Redskins offense and return game. A guy that deserved better in his time at KU, I really hopes he has a good NFL career.

ya I notice Sims is playing more , and they going to him a little more - -hope he sticks

• @Crimsonorblue22 Frank is so muscular now. Remember when he could just be a lightning fast college kid?

• He’s a man! Not sure I like his hair though.