Class of 2018

• I posted this video on one of the PG threads earlier of an 8th grader, now I found him a teammate.

Watch both videos and who knows??

Here’s Why This 8th Grader Is Nicknamed ‘The New White Chocolate’ (VIDEO) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/11/jordan-mccabe-the-new-white-chocolate_n_5133442.html

http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/story/2014/04/15/louisiana-8th-grader-throws-down-impressive-dunk

OK hopefully he doesn’t always where the bandaid under his eye like Nelly.

• What’s especially impressive about the Louisiana 8th grader is he was playing in the state championship game, albeit Louisiana’s smallest class of schools, but still impressive for an 8th grader.

I’ve driven through Sicily Island, it takes about as long as it takes to type this sentence. Not much there but I always thought a very interesting town name!

• @wissoxfan83 I was wondering how they got such a big crowd for an 8th grade game.

But with the urban sprawl the smaller schools have to do what they have to do to fill a roster. I know about 8-9 years ago my old high school finished a District finals game with 4 guys on the floor, ala Hoosiers. Two kids fouled out, another got hurt, and two brothers had moved away a few months earlier. They lost the game by 8 points, almost made it to state, but the Omaha World Herald wrote up an article about it comparing it to Hoosiers too.

• @JRyman It wasn’t an 8th grade game. He plays for the varsity which is allowable in Louisiana as long as the middle school and high school are in the same facility.

• @wissoxfan83 I got that, I was saying I couldn’t believe that many people would show up for an 8th grade game, but I should have added that it makes since it was HS>

There aren’t many states that do allow an 8th grader to move up like that, but hey if he’s that good…let him play he will only get better playing against older bigger guys.

• @JRyman

That kid remind me of Ricky Rubio…