RIP Jalen Wilson

• @jayballer73

Marcus was in the corner doing something to I believe James Love. Dave was also in that corner. It wasn’t all on the up and up. If I was reviewing tape, I think it would be debatable on him getting a 1 game suspension.

• BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer73

Marcus was in the corner doing something to I believe James Love. Dave was also in that corner. It wasn’t all on the up and up. If I was reviewing tape, I think it would be debatable on him getting a 1 game suspension.

that’s just lovely. it was just a really ugly situation

• jayballer73 said:

BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer73

that’s just lovely. it was just a really ugly situation

If you focus on Marcus he definitely wasn’t innocent.

Simultaneously Dave comes in and makes it worse. One view looked like he threw a punch.

Ochai straight up pushed James Love and launched him, Marcus & Dave followed him after with Silvio.

Dave & Silvio were out of control that much is known

• I will be shocked if Marcus is suspended but I’ve been shocked before. Maybe Ochai and Marcus get a single game. I’m finding it hard to be outraged over this though. Yes it was a big pile of stupid but just suspend guys (on both teams) and move on.

• @BShark

Just saw another replay focusing on the Marcus/Dave in the corner and it doesn’t appear Marcus did anything. At the end he starts boxing out

• I was looking and looking could very well just missing it. I just don’t see Marcus doing anything either, but could be wrong for sure.

• I’ve watched a bunch of different angles and you can’t see the punch Garrett threw in any of them. But he definitely did, down against the wall in the scrum.

• BShark said:

I will be shocked if Marcus is suspended but I’ve been shocked before. Maybe Ochai and Marcus get a single game. I’m finding it hard to be outraged over this though. Yes it was a big pile of stupid but just suspend guys (on both teams) and move on.

Not outraged? I guess this is all within the realm of reasonableness.

• If Marcus were to be suspended then there is going to be a hell of a lot of suspensions. He didn’t do anything. At the very end he shoved #34 but it was a get the F out of my face shove and not violent at all.

There are way too many hot takes firing out about this.

• Bruce looked like he was drugged in post game!

• @HighEliteMajor Again with extremes. There are many levels of reaction between “that is reasonable” and “I am outraged!”

Being upset without being mad is one possibility. I am upset, but not so much it ruins my day. I save outrage for things that are far more threatening to life, limb, loved ones, and safety.

• @Woodrow Marcus was blocking guys off the bench player on the floor. Love then slithered off. IMO, the main instigator.

• mayjay said:

@HighEliteMajor Again with extremes. There are many levels of reaction between “that is reasonable” and “I am outraged!”

Being upset without being mad is one possibility. I am upset, but not so much it ruins my day. I save outrage for things that are far more threatening to life, limb, loved ones, and safety.

Something like this. I’m disappointed but at the end of the day no one was hurt and punishments will be meted out. Silvio deserves a long one for his part in it. I’d say at least 5 games.

• BShark said:

I will be shocked if Marcus is suspended but I’ve been shocked before. Maybe Ochai and Marcus get a single game. I’m finding it hard to be outraged over this though. Yes it was a big pile of stupid but just suspend guys (on both teams) and move on.

I’m kinda the same on this. I’m surprised this stuff doesn’t happen more often. The kids screwed up, that’s what kids do, that’s what adults do. Not justifying it at all, they need to pay the price. But it’s much more of a story if we talk about how ridiculous it is. But I don’t think it’s that ridiculous. Putting myself in these kids’ shoes, I can’t sit here and say I would’ve done anything differently. Doesn’t make it right, but it’s not ridiculous to me. Mike Tyson biting an ear or Artest going into the stands. That fits the bill for ridiculous.

• @BShark I am surprised no one was hurt. Someone in a suit got tossed down like a rag doll wandering into the middle of pro wrestling practice.

• If this was game two without the rematch coming, I would say go easier on the suspensions, but this was the first meeting so I would go harsher on both sides to send a message to try and deter another incident happening in Manhattan.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I have zero confidence that the second game of this series will go well. Bruce and his “we will take what they give us” on the punishment, the history of KU @ K-State, and just the overall nastiness that building seems to add to every game we play there. The boos for EVERYTHING, the F KU chants, that stupid Sandstorm song, storming the court, the chickens, this list could go on and on. Not sure the KSU fans are as bad as the Antlers but they sure have their moments. I just don’t see that whole situation going well.

• One of the KSU assistant nailed one of our walk ins in the back of his head with a clipboard. The whole deal was nuts. I think I have pictures of Bruce’s chin getting scuffed when he pulled a kstate player back. Looked like his chin got rug burn on his jersey/back.

• Bruce said he breaks out due to stress, seriously.

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

If this was game two without the rematch coming, I would say go easier on the suspensions, but this was the first meeting so I would go harsher on both sides to send a message to try and deter another incident happening in Manhattan.

I say, and I hate to, do not go light on any of them while staggering the suspensions out. This was a nationally televised game, no time to go weak on this one - especially with all of the other stuff clouding our program. Picking up a freaking chair? What a dumb ass move. Life lessons, people, and they are all fixing to receive some. This might all but seal the deal for Baylor to win the conference (hope I’m wrong), but it is what it is.

• mayjay said:

@BShark I am surprised no one was hurt. Someone in a suit got tossed down like a rag doll wandering into the middle of pro wrestling practice.

that was Jeremy Case that went flying through

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Crosstown_Shootout_brawl

This is the most memorable brawl in my mind. And it was way worse than ours. So I’d imagine Silvio gets like 6 games. And then anyone else might get a game or two. I couldn’t imagine more.

• Kcmatt7 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Crosstown_Shootout_brawl

This is the most memorable brawl in my mind. And it was way worse than ours. So I’d imagine Silvio gets like 6 games. And then anyone else might get a game or two. I couldn’t imagine more.

Imagine worse.

• bskeet said:

Kcmatt7 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Crosstown_Shootout_brawl

Imagine worse.

It sure was… The Chair picture really did him in.

• 12 games for DeSousa and 2 for McCormack?

• Please forgive the ignorance. With everyone debating whether Wilson should take a medical redshirt or not made me wonder if Doke can take a medical redshirt for last year. He only played 9 games, and I was wondering what the cut off was for being eligible. Also, there’s been discussions on whether he’s even a fit in the NBA. Now if he technically can take a RS I don’t at all see him doing it, I was just wondering if he’s at least eligible.

Please keep rude comments to yourself if I’m just completely wrong on this. I believe that even when I disagree with people on here I do it with respect. We’re all Jayhawks here.

• @rockchalkwyo Why, you little…

Just kidding! I hope someone knows the answer because I have been wondering this, too.

• He could but he won’t.

• rockchalkwyo said:

Please forgive the ignorance. With everyone debating whether Wilson should take a medical redshirt or not made me wonder if Doke can take a medical redshirt for last year. He only played 9 games, and I was wondering what the cut off was for being eligible. Also, there’s been discussions on whether he’s even a fit in the NBA. Now if he technically can take a RS I don’t at all see him doing it, I was just wondering if he’s at least eligible.

Please keep rude comments to yourself if I’m just completely wrong on this. I believe that even when I disagree with people on here I do it with respect. We’re all Jayhawks here.

I believe so. I think you can apply for a medical if you play <30% of possible games and the injury ends your season. Crazy he could get a master’s and still be the age of a typical senior (assuming his listed age is correct, which is debatable).

• Thanks @BShark and @FarmerJayhawk

• rockchalkwyo said:

Please forgive the ignorance. With everyone debating whether Wilson should take a medical redshirt or not made me wonder if Doke can take a medical redshirt for last year. He only played 9 games, and I was wondering what the cut off was for being eligible. Also, there’s been discussions on whether he’s even a fit in the NBA. Now if he technically can take a RS I don’t at all see him doing it, I was just wondering if he’s at least eligible.

Don’t think Doke is or would be eligible for a medical redshirt my friend - I think he has already taken that.

• guess I was wrong but I thought Doke had already taken his medical redshirt. - -Guess that shows how much I know

• @jayballer73 @rockchalkwyo Maybe he has no interest in doing a graduate school year. He has apparently been a fine student and is set to graduate, I believe. NBA is his goal, so 5 years in college may be risking too much.

• jayballer73 said:

rockchalkwyo said:

Don’t think Doke is or would be eligible for a medical redshirt my friend - I think he has already taken that.

Doke should be eligible for a medical redshirt for his freshman or junior seasons of he chose so. He only played in 11 of KU’s 36 games as a freshman and 9 of 36 games last season. I don’t see it happening, but Doke should have the option should he choose to come back and further refine his game.

• mayjay said:

@jayballer73 @rockchalkwyo Maybe he has no interest in doing a graduate school year. He has apparently been a fine student and is set to graduate, I believe. NBA is his goal, so 5 years in college may be risking too much.

this too , I don’t think he would really want to come back for that 5th year

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

jayballer73 said:

rockchalkwyo said:

Doke should be eligible for a medical redshirt for his freshman or junior seasons of he chose so. He only played in 11 of KU’s 36 games as a freshman and 9 of 36 games last season. I don’t see it happening, but Doke should have the option should he choose to come back and further refine his game.

Oh , ok thank you wasn’t for sure - - wrong again , appreciate your information though. I like you don’t think it will happen BUT looks like then he Could if he wanted

• It won’t happen but how cool would it be if doke came back, Silvio and gethro RS and we’ll have Dave and Mitch as back up 5s. Again won’t happen but that would be sweet.

• Wow a 5th yr of Doke would be rockstar level awesome. I honestly didnt even think of that since the only reason he was here 4 yrs was because of the injuries. Doke has even said it wasnt the plan. The staff has done a great job recruiting guys back so I guess it’s not impossible but likely Improbable

• I believe the Big 12 rule is you have to make the request by Aug 1 of the following season. See rule 6.4. I think this is it.

https://static.big12sports.com/custompages/pdfs/handbook/conferencehandbook.pdf

• Has anybody heard anymore on Jalen’s progress ? - - I know a ways back they was talking like another couple of weeks. - something like was doing some running wasn’t he? - Anybody heard any scoop ? holler. - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I have not seen a update in the last couple weeks but unless he had a setback he should be a full go in practice.

I personally think he will play this year.

• Woodrow said:

I have not seen a update in the last couple weeks but unless he had a setback he should be a full go in practice.

I personally think he will play this year.

I think he does especially with Silvio out. Those 9th man minutes aren’t much but hes another shooter

• @BeddieKU23 It’s not hard to imagine a situation where he is better than Tristan.

• @Woodrow you feel better now?

• FarmerJayhawk said:

rockchalkwyo said:

I believe so. I think you can apply for a medical if you play <30% of possible games and the injury ends your season. Crazy he could get a master’s and still be the age of a typical senior (assuming his listed age is correct, which is debatable).

That would be a major ruling, and once again he would be an unstoppable beast… But (rethinking myself a bit) the big guy has an NBA (or elsewhere) future - he needs to leave after this season for his own benefit. He can still return to get his masters.

• I think If Jalen plays it will be Saturday, any later than that, I see very little shot of him cracking the rotation. I’d say his odds are super slim anyway with how Braun has played the last month.

• Self said today Jalen Wilson hasn’t practiced at all, not because of the ankle but because of Back Spasms.

Said no final decision made on coming back but added they will soon. Added “getting close to the point where it’s probably not worth it”.

Dang looks like KU going to be playing 8 guys the rest of the year…

• … leg issues can create back problems compensating. Not a shocker. That’s likely what led to Embiid’s back issues.

• @BeddieKU23 Just read that as well. I think if it wasn’t for the back spasm setback he would have played this year. Bummer for the kid, but hopefully it works out in the long run. Don’t see him playing this year now.

• At this point the possibility of Wilson playing a 5th year is more enticing to me than what his hobbled, behind schedule self could bring this year. However, I thought Ochai should’ve saved his red-shirt last year too and he tore it up. 🤷♂