Burn the Red Shirt

• Mitch would’ve led the Hawks to victory last night. He is a clear leader when he’s on the floor, and last night, he would’ve outplayed any of our three bigs.

We severely lacked poise against Duke. Mitch would’ve brought that in spades, and led the team to stop peeing down it’s proverbial leg.

On Friday night, we need a WE WANT LIGHT FOOT chant!

• We would be a better team with Mitch available but you have to understand that this was entirely his decision to get his post grad year and a half (he should graduate this semester) paid for.

• ummmmm. – NO DO NOT burn Mitch’s Redshirt - -I love Mitch to death , but you aren’t convincing me he would of been our savior last night. - -He is not a PG - - He is not a 2 guard - - - -he IS NOT a guy that could of gotten Doke a lot more shots. - this stage was a lot bigger then Mitch. - I’m not for yanking a redshirt off a guy for ONE GAME - -the FIRST game of the Season. - -yanking his red shirt would be wasting his final year - with who we have got in play this season - -been clearly stated that Mitch’s minutes would not be enough for him to waste the year.

Mitch is not going to rebound the Ball like Dave - sure he will get you some. - -you stand back and watch McCormack this year, he is going to become almost automatic in getting double digit rebounds - -Mitch not so much - - - Mitch would not produce that much more in production in scoring the ball - Both guys and this is being generous to Mitch - - both players may give you from 7-8 points a game avg - - I think Dave has more potential; to even score the ball more once he gets settled n - -we saw better play last year. - We need Mitch a lot more NEXT year then this - -ONE game is NOT the reason to go Def-Con 5 -we do not want to waste a red shirt season on ONE game. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

ummmmm. – NO DO NOT burn Mitch’s Redshirt - -I love Mitch to death , but you aren’t convincing me he would of been our savior last night. - -He is not a PG - - He is not a 2 guard - - - -he IS NOT a guy that could of gotten Doke a lot more shots. - this stage was a lot bigger then Mitch. - I’m not for yanking a redshirt off a guy for ONE GAME - -the FIRST game of the Season. - -yanking his red shirt would be wasting his final year - with who we have got in play this season - -been clearly stated that Mitch’s minutes would not be enough for him to waste the year.

Mitch is not going to rebound the Ball like Dave - sure he will get you some. - -you stand back and watch McCormack this year, he is going to become almost automatic in getting double digit rebounds - -Mitch not so much - - - Mitch would not produce that much more in production in scoring the ball - Both guys and this is being generous to Mitch - - both players may give you from 7-8 points a game avg - - I think Dave has more potential; to even score the ball more once he gets settled n - -we saw better play last year. - We need Mitch a lot more NEXT year then this - -ONE game is NOT the reason to go Def-Con 5 -we do not want to waste a red shirt season on ONE game. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

It’s not Going to happen So you have nothing to worry about

• JAYHAWKFAN214 said:

jayballer73 said:

ummmmm. – NO DO NOT burn Mitch’s Redshirt - -I love Mitch to death , but you aren’t convincing me he would of been our savior last night. - -He is not a PG - - He is not a 2 guard - - - -he IS NOT a guy that could of gotten Doke a lot more shots. - this stage was a lot bigger then Mitch. - I’m not for yanking a redshirt off a guy for ONE GAME - -the FIRST game of the Season. - -yanking his red shirt would be wasting his final year - with who we have got in play this season - -been clearly stated that Mitch’s minutes would not be enough for him to waste the year.

It’s not Going to happen So you have nothing to worry about

I know , would be a BAD move

• It’s all about poise, leadership, and accountability. All three SEVERELY lacking on the floor against Duke.

No one said Mitch was a PG or 2 guard. And you CAN’T GET MORE SHOTS when you’re peeing down your leg and giving up 28 turnovers.

Mitch is obviously not the best leader to ever wear the Jayhawk uniform, but this team lacks leadership, and from my viewpoint, Mitch is the only one that is capable of bringing those skills to the floor. When someone does bring that to the floor, it’s contagious to the rest of the team.

• SlickRockJayhawk said:

It’s all about poise, leadership, and accountability. All three SEVERELY lacking on the floor against Duke.

No one said Mitch was a PG or 2 guard. And you CAN’T GET MORE SHOTS when you’re peeing down your leg and giving up 28 turnovers.

Mitch is obviously not the best leader to ever wear the Jayhawk uniform, but this team lacks leadership, and from my viewpoint, Mitch is the only one that is capable of bringing those skills to the floor. When someone does bring that to the floor, it’s contagious to the rest of the team.

This is about what Mitch wants. - -what Mitch feels like is best for him - - not fans. - -He is doing what the Coach’s feel is the best situations - - not ours. - -It’s ONE game - -it was the 1st game. - -Did you happen to see Michigan St/Kentucky ? - - also ugly.

The world isn’t coming to an end. - - -Devon has almost if not the same amount of playing time leadership time in over a year as Mitch has for his College Career - -Devon started from day one - - - career minute average of 32.4 per game – your point guard is widely considered as the leader on the floor - -Devon for his career has logged 1,206 minutes - - -Mitch has totaled 1,032 minutes Devon been through the wars/battles also - -were fine , - -not worth ruining a redshirt year for one game - - - have to look at the BIGGER picture very easily need Mitch more next year then this. - He is doing what he also feels is best for the School as well as him. - -Mitch is Crimson & blue 1000 times over - love the kid, he just does what he feels will help KU the most - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY