Media Day

• Doke, Dot and Ochai there in case there was any doubt who the team leaders are.

This stood out to me… The team has put in some work on zone that could help the Jayhawks keep multiple bigs on the floor at the same time.

• More Quotes from Scott Chasen

Self: I do like our team. I think we’re a long ways away from being good, but I don’t think there’s many teams that are this early. We’re big. we’re fairly athletic. … We have some speed on the perimeter.

Self: “I think the pieces are there for us to have a big year and play well.”

Self on Lightfoot: “It’s still up in the air with Mitch on what we’re going to do this year with him.”

Self on Christian Braun: “He’s a good player. He’s been well-drilled. … He’s kind of a jack of all trades guy. He’s got good size. … He’s tough enough that he could defend the four. … He’ll be one of the perimeter shooters on our team.”

Self says Braun is probably further along than they thought he’d be at this point.

Self said he’s excited to have Perry Ellis back with the program. No-brainer to hire him after the injury: “He’s working with our guys in video and he’ll get good at that, which will help prep him for after basketball. … He’ll be a good role-model for all the young guys.”

On California bill to pay players for likeness, Self thinks it’s a “very, very positive step.” Thinks it’s “long overdue” for student-athletes to have the same ability as students to capitalize on their likeness.

Self said he wants to see the bill uniform across the country if it’s going to be in some places only.

• Just watched the whole thing on ESPN+. Self is 100% laser focused and ready for this year to start. You can tell he is motivated as heck and knows he has a good team. That PC just reinforces there is no one else I would want coaching my team other than Bill.

I think Braun might be the X factor to this season.

27 days until Duke!

• BShark said:

Doke, Dot and Ochai there in case there was any doubt who the team leaders are.

This stood out to me… The team has put in some work on zone that could help the Jayhawks keep multiple bigs on the floor at the same time.

You mean they working on zone defense?

• @Woodrow that’s crazy only 27 days?!

• @approxinfinity yes sir! Hard to believe .