2021 Recruiting

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2021 Recruiting:

FOOTBALL NEWS 🚨🚨🚨 https://twitter.com/dev_neal23/status/1241179158203568131?s=21

What’s his baseball future like since he says he’s playing both at KU? Is he an MLB prospect?

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in 2021 Recruiting:

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2021 Recruiting:

FOOTBALL NEWS 🚨🚨🚨 https://twitter.com/dev_neal23/status/1241179158203568131?s=21

What’s his baseball future like since he says he’s playing both at KU? Is he an MLB prospect?

Good question! I don’t think he’s a MLB guy, especially given we don’t know if the draft will go ahead in June. Kardell might be drafted though.

• Now it’s just a matter of hanging onto him until we get his Signature on the dotted line, not having someone come in and swoop him away from us. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Made the top 6 for a pretty decent player Kevan Parker , from Booker T Washington out of Tulsa Oklahoma. - -CB 5’11 173 pounds.

He has Arkansas , Baylor , Michigan State , Nebraska , SMU & KU - -would be a sweet get , not holding my breath but you neve know with Les , & the boys/

• @jayballer73 said in 2021 Recruiting:

Made the top 6 for a pretty decent player Kevan Parker , from Booker T Washington out of Tulsa Oklahoma. - -CB 5’11 173 pounds.

He has Arkansas , Baylor , Michigan State , Nebraska , SMU & KU - -would be a sweet get , not holding my breath but you neve know with Les , & the boys/

That would be a big time get. Looks like we’re getting an OT pretty soon as well.

Made the top 6 for a pretty decent player Kevan Parker , from Booker T Washington out of Tulsa Oklahoma. - -CB 5’11 173 pounds.

Need to get Bryce Thompson in his ear on that one.

@jayballer73 said in 2021 Recruiting:

That would be a big time get. Looks like we’re getting an OT pretty soon as well.

oh well heck that’s good news , at1stI started to respond about my post with the CB - -but ya that’s still good news also. - I seen something about that off the phog but I think the article was VIP so I couldn’t read the article.

We need all the OL & DL we can get I think . I think in the skilled positions Les has done a really good job, especially with the WR, the only thing that seems to be evading us is a really good quality QB. - So I actually think they really need to put the hammer down for Ol & DL.

Did it happen to mention the name of the OT ? or what other schools may have been involved buddy?

oh well heck that’s good news , at1stI started to respond about my post with the CB - -but ya that’s still good news also. - I seen something about that off the phog but I think the article was VIP so I couldn’t read the article.

We need all the OL & DL we can get I think . I think in the skilled positions Les has done a really good job, especially with the WR, the only thing that seems to be evading us is a really good quality QB. - So I actually think they really need to put the hammer down for Ol & DL.

Did it happen to mention the name of the OT ? or what other schools may have been involved buddy?

I do! Would be this fellow. Glad we’re getting more big dudes after getting Neal. https://247sports.com/Player/DeKedrick-Sterns-46096708/

• Read we are in the hunt for another CB from Orange California. Robert Regan 6 ft# 385 Nationally.

Other Schools listed: - - Wisconsin - -Arizona State - -Boise State - -Utah - -& KU. - -Wisconsin leads in the CB at 100 % BUT only two predictions made so far.

Love to see the attention on the Line’s OL & DL and just overall on the defensive side of the ball

• In the hunt for another, I love how we are at least getting consideration from some guys that before they wouldn’t of even bothered to answer the door when we knocked. That’s Progress, now not saying we get these guys but at least it’s a step in the right direction.

Read we are running for a Pro Style QB from middle Village New York has pretty good size 6’4/216 pounds. has had like 16 offers.

KU there with Arizona St , Baylor , Central Michigan , Cincinnati , Georgia Tech.

Some other offers were: Tennessee , North Texas , Purdue , Oregon , West Virginia , Kentucky.

• Got the commit from big Tight End 6’4 1’2 out of Arkansas good job. Our 7th commit for 2021

• Got another! A tackle from Texas. Moves us up to #22 in the country. LES IS A MACHINE

Got another! A tackle from Texas. Moves us up to #22 in the country. LES IS A MACHINE

Is this the OT that you were talking about a little distance back? - -Now the next step we have got to take is produce a little better in on game performance. Actually being able to hang on to these commits.

Got another! A tackle from Texas. Moves us up to #22 in the country. LES IS A MACHINE

Is this the OT that you were talking about a little distance back? - -Now the next step we have got to take is produce a little better in on game performance. Actually being able to hang on to these commits.

He’s the one! I really like where we’re at so far but assuming we have football, we need to at least look ok. Which will be a tall order.

Got him https://247sports.com/Player/Edgar-Amaya-46099933/

Always need beef, as Washington use to call them - - "The Hogs " - - Big Boy

• You know I try to keep things in perspective. Yet it’s just a little hard for me not to get a little excited. I mean I fully realize the recruits we are getting are no giant killers , BUT compared to what we have been use to recruiting in the past decade – Like Night and Day.

I mean you will see us in with some big time Schools on a few of these guys , now do we land those guys - -NO , BUT we are least getting conversations from better higher elite quality players, in years past they wouldn’t even have a telephone conversation with KU.

The players that Coach Miles and staff are recruiting an getting solid returns on now , I think these guys are going to be very solid players for us in 2-3 years down the road , a lot better players. We are recruiting area’s now that in the past we would of NEVER thought about even trying to recruit in would of been a total waste of time - - -THAT’S ALL COACH MILES AND STAFF busting their ass

I really do believe that Coach is making progress, now to continue the trend we just have to some more progress on the field - -get some more W’S - -be really competitive , lets these other teams know, that we ( KU ) isn’t going to take the ass beatings anymore. - -I can only hope by the 5 year period Coach will have things in place, after 5 it will be vital cause after that time I think coach just might hang it up. So we need a good understudy to keep this turn around going by then an not fall back into that dark hole ever again

• So guess really I got a question here. - - Seeing as they say that each day that goes by and we are not making any progress gets closer to having No College Football & at best limited football with restrictions , guess my question is.

If by some chance there is no College Football this Season what happens to the kids classification ? - Do these kids just lose a year of their eligibility ? - Like losing a Soph year - - -A FR year ? If your going into your Sr year & no football is that it? - -Do they lose that SR year ?

I feel like if there is no football this year , then we have seen Pooka for the last time 2years is all we end up getting. - -Anyone know how this would work ? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

• @BShark said in 2021 Recruiting:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

What ? - - What ? - - -What ? - - let’s have it lol

• Y’all like croots?

• Dam is about to burst.

Dam is about to burst.

The croots floweth.

• Without being super cryptic, I can unequivocally say this will be the best all-HS class in KU history. Sure, this isn’t 2007 Les Miles when he threw 99, but he’s still got 93-94. And still hires super talented assistants. Dearmon, Jones, and Chidera stick out. Jackson is no slouch either.

• @BShark said in 2021 Recruiting:

Y’all like croots?

Well from what I’ve been able to possibly figure out , sounds like there might be some very sweet commits coming & coming soon - -I hate suspense lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I’m stoked about this kid. Looks like Mike Lee but plays center field. 9 picks in 10 games last year for IMG. https://twitter.com/ojburroughs/status/1274039307414786048?s=21

• Gotta say I’m glad to see the effort being put forth on the defensive side of the ball this recruiting season. This is our 4th on the defensive side out of the 12. - -Nice get , the only concern I’d have with this guy is his size. 5’9 going up against 6’6 - - 6’5 big 12 receivers kind of scares me even with vertical looks like some real mis matches – just have to have faith in Coach that’s why they are at that thy’reat and I’m at where I’m at. - - -pushes us up to 42nd in the Nation - - 7th in the big 12 , however not trailing those others in the Big 12 by that much and also they also have landed more recruits then KU so we have nothing but good things happening going forward… Think we have 25 to hand out again this year I think , good chance we could pass a couple of those other Big 12 schools. - -time will tell. ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Gotta say I’m glad to see the effort being put forth on the defensive side of the ball this recruiting season. This is our 4th on the defensive side out of the 12. - -Nice get , the only concern I’d have with this guy is his size. 5’9 going up against 6’6 - - 6’5 big 12 receivers kind of scares me even with vertical looks like some real mis matches – just have to have faith in Coach that’s why they are at that thy’reat and I’m at where I’m at. - - -pushes us up to 42nd in the Nation - - 7th in the big 12 , however not trailing those others in the Big 12 by that much and also they also have landed more recruits then KU so we have nothing but good things happening going forward… Think we have 25 to hand out again this year I think , good chance we could pass a couple of those other Big 12 schools. - -time will tell. ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Agreed. It’s so refreshing to be excited about football recruiting and the direction of the program. Just need that legit QB to really feel like we’re turning the corner. Could be Daniels, but jury is still out. I’m not sold on Easters either. Time will tell.

Gotta say I’m glad to see the effort being put forth on the defensive side of the ball this recruiting season. This is our 4th on the defensive side out of the 12. - -Nice get , the only concern I’d have with this guy is his size. 5’9 going up against 6’6 - - 6’5 big 12 receivers kind of scares me even with vertical looks like some real mis matches – just have to have faith in Coach that’s why they are at that thy’reat and I’m at where I’m at. - - -pushes us up to 42nd in the Nation - - 7th in the big 12 , however not trailing those others in the Big 12 by that much and also they also have landed more recruits then KU so we have nothing but good things happening going forward… Think we have 25 to hand out again this year I think , good chance we could pass a couple of those other Big 12 schools. - -time will tell. ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Agreed. It’s so refreshing to be excited about football recruiting and the direction of the program. Just need that legit QB to really feel like we’re turning the corner. Could be Daniels, but jury is still out. I’m not sold on Easters either. Time will tell.

Mercy I hear you on that. – we need a really good solid commit from a solid QB. - - seems like that is THE PIECE right now that everything - - or a lot hinges on. Feel like that we are really getting there in the D. - -I feel really good about the rest of the recruits yet to commit even this coming year , seems like we are in on some really solid players, you can for sure see the upgrade in talent that this staff has landed or in really good on.

Your seeing where we are making the final cut for a lot of high 3 * that could end up on the 4 * level thing is THIS year we have to produce more W’S on the field – we are in the ball park with a lot of higher talented kids, they see competitiveness see we are improving might be just enough to get the 4* player to make the plunge in our program. Once one big time stud comes - -then things could really landslide for us make us right there being in the mix for bowls multiple years.

Having said that I’m also realistic I fully understand that we are not going to de throng Oklahoma - - - Texas and such but to at least be in the ball park and no more of these other teams using our games as track meets up and down the field. - -to have a game still be right there in the late 2nd half keeping fans in the stands , to have football BACK AGAIN to have a full stadium again THATS what makes me excited about the future with Les and the boys. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Is Torry Locklin still on the team? During last year’s spring practice he showed some good old will to score that reminded me of Reesing. My VCR wtih the spring practice recording went bellyup, so I can’t go back and watch him very easily.

• @stoptheflop said in 2021 Recruiting:

Is Torry Locklin still on the team? During last year’s spring practice he showed some good old will to score that reminded me of Reesing. My VCR wtih the spring practice recording went bellyup, so I can’t go back and watch him very easily.

Yes, I think they’re converting him to a RB.

• KU has been a QB away from being a bowl contender for about 4 years now.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Any thoughts on who will start at QB? The pantry appears empty to me. I was hoping for a surprise transfer to help us out.

@stoptheflop said in 2021 Recruiting:

Is Torry Locklin still on the team? During last year’s spring practice he showed some good old will to score that reminded me of Reesing. My VCR wtih the spring practice recording went bellyup, so I can’t go back and watch him very easily.

Yes, I think they’re converting him to a RB.

Locklin is listed as a RB on the KU football site.

• @stoptheflop said in 2021 Recruiting:

@Texas-Hawk-10 Any thoughts on who will start at QB? The pantry appears empty to me. I was hoping for a surprise transfer to help us out.

I don’t think it really matters at this point because there isn’t much there. My guess would be either Kendrick or MacVittie.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I guess we can’t expect a promising highschool QB to look at KU until our coaching staff consistenly puts a competent offensive line on the field. So, let’s get started with OL recruitment and development.

• Hell ya . Man I want this kid , he is the real deal an absolute stud. Keon Coleman 6’4 WR from Louisiana. Made his cut from top 6 - -to top 3 - -were one of the top 3 - -got to do it.

Mad Hatter work some Magic guy. He dropped Florida State Mississippi State & another today , but we made the cut.

Down to South Carolina , Oklahoma & KU. Thing is he is a 2 spot athlete and wants to play Football & Basketball both.

Think were right there a lot mainly because of the Basketball thing. Some things in out favor : Our Basketball program - - I’m sure Les & Coach have discussed this - -plus him being from Louisiana and the others Louisiana Animals on the roster whispering in his ear, having a chance to be a huge part of the turnaround – that and on top of the fact from what I’ve heard is that Oklahoma has already have 2-3 commits from other top notch receivers and might have backed off some Plus you compare KU’S Basketball program compared to OU’S or South Carolina ? - -really not much to compare there when it comes to that - -Man hope things fall in place. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Oklahoma.

• KU or OU I think. We’re not out of it yet. Self the X-factor here.

KU or OU I think. We’re not out of it yet. Self the X-factor here.

I think you are 100 % right here Farmer. Coach Self is going to play a HUGE role in this. There had been a little scuttle butt talk about announcing last Snday , then he post not - - had more thinking to do.

That to me, was a good sign for us - -I feel like he may have been leaning towards OU possibly , but with them already taking like 3 other highly talented receivers , could very well lean in our favor.

Oh ya , I’ve got one of those Crimson & Blue gut feelings , would be a HUGE get time will tell. let me just see if he is peeking - to which I will say ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY lol

• Have you guys talked about jalen Wilson’s Lil brother getting an offer?