Devon

• @KUSTEVE Ohio!!

• KUSTEVE said:

My all knucklehead team: Tyshawn, Carlton Bragg, Vick…twice, EJ, Cliff Alexander. Who am I missing?

Tyshawn? I thought Tyshawn was great! He could have put up a lot better career numbers if we had connected him with Lucas sooner… like after his freshman year.

I thought Tyshawn had a very good senior year, once he got coached up properly.

• EJ was a sacrificial lamb at KU. Talk about a guy giving himself unselfishly to a program. He’s one of my all-time favs at KU because he never really complained about anything. If he had an ounce of prima donna in him he would have transferred.

I’ll never forget when he dropped 39 on ISU in their racist arena. I know it impressed the sh*t out of Self. I’m pretty sure he actually teared up at the end of that one.

• @Bwag Agree on Richard Scott. Which game are you referring to with Langford hurt and poor officiating?

• HighEliteMajor said:

Amazing how our program savior (Andrew Wiggins) isn’t on ANYONE’S list.

And no Josh Jackson. No X. No Selby. No Cliff. No Grimes.

Another that sticks out — No Selden.

Uncle Anthony gets special consideration for being that uncle. Priceless. If Wayne stayed his final year might have been on someone’s list

• @HighEliteMajor That’s so weird - EVERY one of them is on my list.

Of people we should have never recruited.

• @drgnslayr You don’t think Tyshawn was a knucklehead? How many other players have been suspended for doing the dirty in the field house? Tyshawn was really good for one half of a season- the rest of the time, he was a walking turnover machine. He ended his career on a very high note…playing in the national championship game. He’s indelibly etched into my all time knucklehead list.

• @BeddieKU23 I hadn’t noticed ‘the list’ before, but to put Selden on there surprises me. He was a 3 year player, came in highly regarded obviously, and came into his own his junior year. He had a lot of really good moments that last season in particular. Selden is getting some decent playing time in the league too which is nice.

• @wissox

He did have some very good moments his Jr year. Another year and he might have been a legend to remember. I do think he had that ability in him at the time but he choose the path that was best for him and for that his tenure here was a bit incomplete. Nice to see him sticking around the league. From what I saw of him in the past few years he definitely improved but just falls short of being someone a team makes a priority

• For what it’s worth - these are the all time KU scoring leaders:

1 Danny Manning … 2,951

2 Nick Collison …2,097

3 Raef LaFrentz …2,066

4 Clyde Lovellette… 1,979

5 Sherron Collins …1,888

6 Frank Mason III… 1,885

7 Darnell Valentine… 1821

8 Keith Langford …1,812

9 Perry Ellis … 1,798

10 Paul Pierce … 1,768

Oh yeah - Wilt would be at the very top of my list - leading scorer or not.

• @nuleafjhawk Dang, Danny just needed 49 points against Oklahoma in the championship game and he’d have scored 3000!

• @KUSTEVE

I didn’t know your focus was also off the court. Gheez… you can build a huge list! ha…

TT had his share of turnovers… no doubt. But he wasn’t coached up well until Lucas. There wasn’t a lot he did really well until then. He’s my guy for selling the idea that we need more of our players, especially PGs, going off campus for extra coaching.

There is no way we made it to the title game without TT. And no way we got there without his time with Lucas.

It really wouldn’t take much proper coaching to put our team in the FF just about every year. The developed skills in college basketball almost doesn’t exist anymore. It’s all instant talent.

• @drgnslayr Having sex with your girlfriend in the field house is as close to oncourt as it gets…lol. Tyshawn showed great improvement the 2nd half of his senior year. However, he will always be a knucklehead to me for his many t.o.s over his KU career.

• … if any of us had the opportunity, while a college student, to do the deed on the court at AFH with the right co-ed, we’d be fools not to engage. Just my opinion.

• @HighEliteMajor And if you got caught, you might be referred to as a …knucklehead…lol.

• @KUSTEVE Yes, that getting caught thing separates many in life …

• HighEliteMajor said:

@KUSTEVE Yes, that getting caught thing separates many in life …

+💯 !!!

• @KUSTEVE

Better book me as a knucklehead. I recall some love interests in AFH. hahahahahaaaaaa

Not sure what the security is like today for AFH. Back in the 70s… that building was open every single time I wanted in.

Oh yeah… I never got caught so I’m off the hook!

• @drgnslayr and there’s that mystery tattoo??

• @Crimsonorblue22

Gosh… you remember everything!

Yikes! 😯

• no love for Josh Selby?

• HighEliteMajor said:

Marco said:

How about Top10 busts?

1. Raquel Welch, 2) Emily Ratajowski, 3) Sofia Vergara, 4) Marilu Henner, 5) Phoebe Cates … no, wait …

Awww, Ms. Cates, the Fast Times pool scene… I remember it well, and actually became Judge Reinhold.

• @Marco Kevin Kline became Judge Reinhold.

• mayjay said:

@Marco Kevin Kline became Judge Reinhold.

Really, when did Kevin become Judge Reinhold?

• Nonstop since he married Phoebe Cates.

• Udoka on Dotson

“Last year everything he did was fast, fast,” Azubuike says. “This year he’s seeing the game in a different dimension.”

INTER-DIMENSIONAL POINT GUARD HERE FOLKS.

• @BShark ⚡️Hope doke has time to get out of the way! Looks like doke should be able to move better too.

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

@BShark ⚡️Hope doke has time to get out of the way! Looks like doke should be able to move better too.

The lightest he has been at KU!

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

@BShark ⚡️Hope doke has time to get out of the way! Looks like doke should be able to move better too.

CJ Moore’s piece in The Athletic today was really good. Doke is down to 267, apparently he was almost 300 in the spring.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Crimsonorblue22 said:

CJ Moore’s piece in The Athletic today was really good. Doke is down to 267, apparently he was almost 300 in the spring.

Yeah, everyone that can should read it. That’s where the quote came from for anyone wondering.

• From the Athletic as well: Azubuike is averaging 74% on his free throws in practice so far. During the off season, Azuibuike, with the help of the staff, converted to an underhanded, Rick Barry-style of shooting from the line. Self said, “The change has been incredible. We keep wondering to ourselves, ‘why didn’t we do this sooner’?” In fact, Azubuike paraphrased the age-old thoughts attributed to Albert Einstein, “Insanity is doing the same thing, the same way, and hoping things change.”

***Sorry, it’s all just a dream. I woke up just as I imagined Marcus Garrett shooting the ball like George Gervin instead of my 7th grade neighbor kid.

• @HighEliteMajor Thanks for that little disappointment.

I saw the " why didn’t we do this sooner " comment and thought - OH, LIKE EVERYONE ON KU BUCKETS HAS BEEN SAYING???

• HighEliteMajor said:

From the Athletic as well: Azubuike is averaging 74% on his free throws in practice so far. During the off season, Azuibuike, with the help of the staff, converted to an underhanded, Rick Barry-style of shooting from the line. Self said, “The change has been incredible. We keep wondering to ourselves, ‘why didn’t we do this sooner’?” In fact, Azubuike paraphrased the age-old thoughts attributed to Albert Einstein, “Insanity is doing the same thing, the same way, and hoping things change.”

***Sorry, it’s all just a dream. I woke up just as I imagined Marcus Garrett shooting the ball like George Gervin instead of my 7th grade neighbor kid.

only problem is - - BIG DIFERENCE between shooting free throws at practice and in a 2 point high stakes game with crowd going nuts lol - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY